Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Default Car was in for service a few weeks ago

Well car was in again at Eden vauxhall a few weeks ago and i thought i would pull service manager up about all the hassle i had last time when they butchered my car (knackered egr cooler,dipstick,bolts) he basically called me a liar last time as he said they don't touch dipstick to replace egr cooler LOL

He was meant to call me back as he had to go out when i was there and didn't return to face me !

So been waiting on a phone call as they had to replace egr cooler last time i was in along with dipstick as when they fitted it first time the mechanic over tightened bolts and broke the plastic housing !

Any ways seems he is no longer with company

So i decided to speak with manager and voice my concerns !! My misses stayed in waiting area while i went into office, I wont bore you with all details but will briefly outline what was said.

Me
    Basically last time i was in service manager called me a liar to my face about dipstick not being removed as part of egr cooler replacement,also broken brackets,dipstick bent,missing bolts and you kept me sitting in waiting room from 9am to 5.30pm

Manager
    Sorry about that but he is no longer with us so what do you want me to do about it as i can see this has all been replaced.

Me
    Basically an apology wouldnt go a miss and some sort of goodwill gesture as i have been over here 3 or 4 times for same thing,all so being called a liar to my face ! and its not the first time i have had problems eg:spanner left on gearbox,power steering pipe left off,oil every where after service..list goes on

Basically he goes on to say how sorry he is but there's no record of this on file and what can he do to rectify things to which i ask if they have some sort of quality control ? Yes is his reply lol so i state again all the problems i have had and asked why was i allowed to leave garage when clearly the work done was not 100%

His reply is "we all make mistakes" true but not the answer was looking for,he then asks why i keep coming back to eden to which i reply i know some of the technicians and staff and your the only vauxhall garage around other than plymouth (there is one in newton abott but its not a very nice place)

He goes on to say in all honesty i could say we don't want your custom as i have some notes about how fussy you are
    I ask what list this is and he tells me "Don't park car so close to other cars, we cant give you your own parking space" (car park is small and they stack cars tight together and all though i would take care getting into my car some other yob wouldnt)
    All so "Don't wash car after service" (Easy to understand if you don't want swirls) he goes on to say maybe my expectations are to high for them to meet lol, I say so im being fussy ?, he replied "they are your words not mine".. If wanting my car serviced or repaired to a high standard is being fussy then i must be OCD FUSSY !

Conversation goes on for a while longer and i explain that regardless of what car i drive be it a corsa or VXR i should expect the same quality service each time period ...

He says he cant promise me this and excepts things have gone wrong and he would be lying if he said they wouldnt happen again then gets on phone and calls workshop and tells them to get head mechanic on my car and have it done within 2 hours so its not in his garage any longer than has to be in case they damage it

At this stage i felt that i was being over fussy and decided to leave it , he agreed to pay for some service items eg:wipers,fuel filter, and air filter (crazy vauxhall only replace these every 4 years !! )
    It wasn't about money but about principle and the fact work has been shoddy and i wanted them to be aware of it.Any how after i finished and walked out misses stated that service personnel where talking about me being back in AGAIN and how i was a nuisance lol

Sorry for long post just been milling it over and over for a few weeks now and cant believe what actually happened.

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They sound like a nice bunch Don! I'd take it somewhere else if I were you mate. You're the customer at the end of the day, I wouldn't say out being over fussy at all, just because you care about your car more than most of the public why should that make a difference to the level of service you receive!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you should of taped this ba***d then sent it straight to youtube and vx head office, id of went mental with this little **** who the hell does he think he is.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is it worth speaking to Vx cust services at head office and see what they have to say? You might at least get an apology for the dealer's rudeness.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Contact VX head office bud
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

always pays to have a recording app on your phone for occasions like this.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Clearly they don't want your business, so, as the man said, why DO you keep going there? Your answer to the Service Manager when he asked that very question was that you know some of the technicians and staff - the same technicians that left a loose spanner on your gearbox and broke the dipstick etc? The same service dept staff that talk about you behind your back and in front of your wife? I just don't get it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Lot to be said for doing your own servicing and repairs

Vectra-C Extreme Poster Big Red's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Be carefull if your taking it there mate the could be scratching it or damaging things in engine bay that you dont know about my car only goes to my mates private garage as he is spot on always takes pics of the work he has done if you ask him too and keeps the parts that are removed to show you

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

same with the garage i use, happy for me to stick around, make me coffee and let me take pics (like i did for my brake upgrade)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information