User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Issue' with peoples' PayPal accounts being put on hold when paying for a club membership

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation 'Issue' with peoples' PayPal accounts being put on hold when paying for a club membership

Some people have reported issues i.e. their PayPal accounts being locked when they've tried to pay for a club membership through PayPal.

I've looked at this in the past, and most recently (a couple of weeks ago) rang them again to find out if there were any issues. I realised I hadn't posted anything up, hence this thread.

I got through to the UK call centre, so there weren't any communication misunderstandings etc., and I then got put onto the specific department that could help me. Speaking to the guy there he confirmed that there are no issues with our PayPal account, and certainly nothing that would cause people's accounts to be on hold. He said that if there had been an issue with our account we would have been contacted and it would have been our account, not those paying us, that would have been put on hold etc.

He then looked at a couple of the most recent instances where people who had tried to pay us had had their accounts put on hold. In each case the reason was because there was an issue with their account. This varied from them having been asked for further info, an extra security check required etc. etc. Because they hadn't resolved whatever issue was on their account, when they next tried to use it to make a payment it automatically, i.e. to us, it was put it on hold.

The fact that it's not every payment being sent to us that had an issue, only the odd ones, do indicate that it's not an issue with our account otherwise it'd be happening to everyone whether they are paying for a membership, shop order etc.

PayPal has confirmed that it is nothing to do with our account, it's down to something in the other user's account needing resolved along with PayPal's increased automatic security checks.

EDIT: If your account does end up being put on hold whilst making a payment to the club, be it for a shop order, membership or calendar then please post here so that I can document the occurrences and report back to PayPal again. Can you include the date and time that you made the payment too so that it's easier to tally up.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

duncan, sorry but i would not belive what they have told you mate, i have used paypal long before they were even called paypal, use it to pay for ebay AND to send money to people as gifts etc, i can assure you that there was nothing wrong with my account mate when paypal suspended my account when paying for my membership, i think they need to look at this again.

and unlike the hassel with the cards been sent out, please dont take this post in anyway a nasty one.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No, I'm not taking it in any nasty way.

I can only go by what they've told me after looking into our account, and as I said it was a Uk guy so it was clear to him what I was explaining, and vice versa. I'll add a bit to my original post to see if people will post up if/when they have an issue when paying us by PayPal.

The fact that it's not every payment being sent to us that had an issue, only the odd ones, do indicate that it's not an issue with our account otherwise surely it'd be happening to everyone whether they are paying for a membership, shop order etc.?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

i can send £10 as a test if u want, as long as u refund it
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ok bud, in all my years of using paypal, it was only buying full membership here that ever locked my paypal account and i have never encountered this problem with any other transaction.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    lol

think we need a new member to practice with..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

U never know how computer literate they are and if they have a functioning PayPal
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Last time I sent a payment to the club my Paypal account was restricted, although it was only a minute or two to re-enable it, it was a right royal pain in the neck.

I can categorically say there were no outstanding issues on my Paypal account, no requests for any information or similar. I use my Paypal account on an extremely regular basis and it has only ever been restricted when paying for something from Vectra-c.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.9CDTi (120) Estate

Trim : Design

Year : 55

Mileage : 126000

I had the same today, Paypal insisted that I had to change my PW and security questions as they "wanted to make sure no one else had been using my account".

It's PayPal's doing, not yours or ours, as they were happy for me to spend £900 on a shower unit without batting an eye.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    I can categorically say there were no outstanding issues on my Paypal account, no requests for any information or similar. I use my Paypal account on an extremely regular basis and it has only ever been restricted when paying for something from Vectra-c.
    I seem to remember it happened when you did the £1 Billing thing. Has it happened on any other occasions?

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    If you want to mate, give it a try. Register a new account, call it something like Plasma-test or whatever, and then take out a membership and see what happens. Obviously I'll refund it once the testing is done

It'll probably go through with no problems! Like i said it's only been a few occasions that it seems to have happened as memberships, and shop orders, are coming in each day/week.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information