Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 57 zafira 1.9 cdti design

Trim : design

Engine : 1.9 cdti

Year : 2008

Default Gout!

Iv been moaning about a sore foot but this last two days has got worse. Anyway, it got that bad that I went to a&e incase I'd broken or done something and it turns out iv got gout.

Iv heard about it before but never had it and Jesus Christ is it painfull lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2005

Ill vouch for you on that mate its terrible and has had me in tears I get it in my feet mainly ankle so can't walk it is a painfull experience I had a flare up a month ago and although the tablets have taken it away its still there slightly. It's a build up of ulric acid in your blood that your kidneys can't filter out because of the amour of acid, it forms crystals which trap in your joints causing the tissue to inflame try to avoid alcohol seafood mainly but look it up on the net and it will help you. I don't really drink so its my diet that causes my gout attacks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Iv always been a pish head but never had this before. My god is it painfull

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get yourself to your G.P. for bloodtests, he will probably prescribe Allopurinol, one a day for the rest of your life! work for me though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im there right now!! I feel your pain..

Mine is in the big toe on my right foot.. try and describe the pain to anyone that hasn't had it before is near impossible.
    Only way i can say is is you have ever squashed one of your nuts.. times by 2 and your almost there

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi Dual Fuel NAV

Trim : PreFace SRi

Engine : 1.8 LPG

Year : 53

im 27 and recently got diagnosed with it. had a flare up for 24hrs every year for 3-4 years, docs always gives pain killers and sends me on my way. recently it lasted a month and it was agony. i tried to control it with diet but its near enough impossible. in the end i just had to accept that ill be on tablets for the rest of my life. no more playing footy. really pees me off because i dont even drink alcohol or eat lots of red meat, turns out its hereditary for me.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2005

Well has I said in my last post I had a gout attack last month and although the pain has gone I can still feel it lingering in my ankle, got up this morning for work and wham its there so going to start taking my tablets again it really annoys the hell out of me

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've had it since my early 20's, (37 now!!). As suggested, diet is a big thing but it is also hereditery,my dad and grandad both had it.
    I'm on the allopurinol now and it seems to be doing the trick, although actually getting started on this drug is difficult as it will nearly always cause severe attacks whilst your body gets used to it, hence my reluctance to start taking it. No one will ever have any idea just how painful it is unless they'd experienced it!!! The anti-inflammatory Arcoxia, combined with a dose of Prednislone steroid is what I take now at the first sign of an attack and this usually works.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

I have it too. The worse part is the 4am wake up call when your toe touches the bed sheets!!!!!!!!!! Ive had it for the last 4 years, on and off, just small attacks that last a day or 2 and normal Ibuprofen sorts it out, but just last month I had the worst attack ive ever had. I'm on Colchicine tablets and they seem to work pretty well. Just had an attack thats lasted about a week, and thats after seriously cutting down my alcohol intake too. It is absolutely the worse pain ever, you really feel that chopping the toe off would be the less painful option!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bafoo View Post
    I'm on the allopurinol now and it seems to be doing the trick, although actually getting started on this drug is difficult as it will nearly always cause severe attacks whilst your body gets used to it, hence my reluctance to start taking it.
    My docs gonna start me on this after my last bout is a month clear, was supposed to start on it monday but I had another attack the friday before. She has warned me i will get an attack after starting this medication too.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

oh the pain is deffo bad but my little plates of meat are a bit better today...

no one else in my family has had it AFAIK, but i now know that a few of my mates have had it.. the docs say that i have to change my diet and plonk intake but on reading the blurb they gave me, i cant eat ****** all!

no red meat, poultry, fish, most veg, sea food, no plonk at all, no juice containing fructose, BUT.... they do recommend drinking lots (up to 15 cups) of coffee!... how mads that!... so il not have gout but il be spaced out and heading down the road that too much caffein does to the rest of my body, but i wont have gout hahaha

anyhow, im glad to say that iv woken up this morning after getting the first decent nights sleep since last thursday and the old foots calming down a bit.

does anyone use any, or is there any gout type forums on the net as it would be good to get some info of the sufferers instead of the doctors. yes i know the doctors know there stuff, but theres nothing like a bit of hands on experience from someone thats had it before.

many thanks all

al.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information