0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default poor performance z20net fault help required

hi there members im hoping some of you may be able to help me out i have 2 sri turbo vectra's 1 is standard and runs fine the other is tuned and causing me a nightmare i brought it last november with a blown turbo so thought whilst taking the cost of a new turbo on why not just upgrade it to a td04l-14t and also fitted green saab aero injectors a uprated panel filter and full stainless steel exhaust system to suit as was going to build straight up to stage 3 spec after fitting both i took for a run but didnt seem to boost properly i was running low on funds but knew it needed setting up to suit the mods so had it remaped by a local representative of elite remaps but its never seemed to boost properly and thinking it was just maybe im used to driving tuned subaru's and m3s i was just imagining it but when i put the car on the rollers at pvs it made a poor 150bhp thats 25 less than standard and i was told its got a masive boost leak or vac leak so i came back and since then ive tried lots ive resealed the all my boost pipes ive changed all my vac pipes ive fitted new boost solinoids tried the maf off the other 1 made no difference at all ive had the boost system smoke tested and still no leaks found on higher revs it seams to misfire a bit and on cold start it sometimes needs a rev to get it firing properly it boosts well up to about 3k rpm or just over then dies does anybody have a clue what it could be thats loosing me so much power ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot to mention also no engine management lights or faults to be recorded either and new sparkplugs fitted with new coilpacks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the turbo boosting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh its boosting and the standard bov is releasing preasure as soon as you release your foot off the throttle the guys from dyno dynamics said when it was on the rollers they recorded 1.2 bar of boost but at around 3-3.5k rpm it drops boost its like its in limp mode as such but still revs up to almost 6k rpm but without the turbo when at top end revs and no fault codes or even intermitent lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like its a map fault, the ecu would need to have been set up to run the mitsi high pressure turbo instead of the low/pressure garrett it came with.

Its hard to say from a distance and without codes. can you get a second opinion on that remap you have from another mapper?
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need it on a fault code reader with a graphing facility and someone who knows how to use it and what to check for, don't replace sensors willy-nilly without clear reasoning. Have you checked the intercooler for a start? They are very poorly made from the factory, and go banana shaped over time then split, usually only fully visible from below, with the engine under guard off and the front bumper lower fixing detached, it's the centre radiator of the 3(From the front - Condenser/Intercooler/Eng Coolant). They can be pressure tested by blocking one end off and a pump and gauge on the other.

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I can assure you it's a map problem that mate sounds like the turbos bin mapped on wrong or the injectors havnt being mapped in correct sounds like the detonation is wrong and the spark advance also could be down to fueling
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Thread Information