User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Own up, Red Vec in Manc....

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Default Own up, Red Vec in Manc....

Lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOs...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 110k

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOs...e_gdata_player

Never gonna happen, you can own up to the bad driving, own up to the aggression, but with a missus like that, deny, deny, deny... Lol

Looks like a few of us have been doing a stint on YouTube, I have for last hour

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Mileage : 137000

Quote Originally Posted by leemarksmith View Post

Never gonna happen, you can own up to the bad driving, own up to the aggression, but with a missus like that, deny, deny, deny... Lol
    Classy bird :-D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra hatchback

Trim : improving

Engine : 1.9cdti mas remap

Year : 06

nice.well classy, have you noticed how those cameras save the cyclists from a beating ,perhaps we should all wear one,lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There is no need for agression .

But , from what i could see , the cyclist went between the traffic on an amber light ( the lights level with the red vectra )

and then when the cyclist was level with the front of the Vectra , the traffic lights in the distance were on green

and when the traffic starts to pull away , the cyclist cuts in front of the vectra .

A few mistakes on both sides ( drivers confrontation and bikers bad road manners ) .

I dislike it when i'm stuck in traffic on a dual carriage or motorway type road and a motorbike comes up the middle of two lanes driving on the white lines .

I might daydream that i open my car door and the bike crashes and the biker goes flying head first over my door ,

But it is not worth more than 5 seconds annoyance and high blood pressure or being violent about .

Stuff like this happens all the time , let it pass and be happy .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I listened with interest to the Jeremy Vine article on Radio 2 about cyclists and cars etc and have to admit that I do get very wound up by
    1. Cyclists who will ride two / three abreast on narrow roads with no regard to cars
    2. Cyclists who intentionally hog the middle of a lane to block traffic simply because they plan to turn right or cross oncoming traffic much further on and don't want the inconvenience of having to stop themselves
    3. Hare up between queues of traffic and ride through a red light
    4. Undertake then switch and overtake when we have to stop
    5. Mount the kerb to avoid pelican crossings and red lights
    6. Play chicken with cars intentionally at junctions
    7. Are not governed by the same rules as motorists or motorcyclists, licence's, insurance, VED, MOT etc etc
    8. Are so spineless and weak that any sign of a cop car they suddenly play the real game and behave, stop on red don't undertake etc etc GO on show off your ignorance of the law and get a ticket

Sorry but I feel far too many motorists get painted in a bad light by kamikaze cyclists.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 v6

Mileage : 110,000

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    I listened with interest to the Jeremy Vine article on Radio 2 about cyclists and cars etc and have to admit that I do get very wound up by
    1. Cyclists who will ride two / three abreast on narrow roads with no regard to cars
    2. Cyclists who intentionally hog the middle of a lane to block traffic simply because they plan to turn right or cross oncoming traffic much further on and don't want the inconvenience of having to stop themselves
    7. Are not governed by the same rules as motorists or motorcyclists, licence's, insurance, VED, MOT etc etc
    8. Are so spineless and weak that any sign of a cop car they suddenly play the real game and behave, stop on red don't undertake etc etc GO on show off your ignorance of the law and get a ticket

Sorry but I feel far too many motorists get painted in a bad light by kamikaze cyclists.
    And then try driving a 15 metre tri-axle coach in central London and meet some of these suicide jockeys. Oh what fun.
    3.2 v6 Signum and loving it

http://www.freewebs.com/johnsdutton/

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 cdti

Year : 2006

Mileage : 145k

In this day and age motorbikes and push bikes can get round town faster than cars as there is just so many cars!
    I always move over to let motorbikes past there is no point holding them up or getting ****y about them going past if that annoys you then your really pathetic!

Back on topic of the video ... Words fail me but typical manc bird ugly as sin! As for the hard man jumping out his car look at his hands he had no intention of doing anything but gobbing off the cyclist should of chinned him !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

Mileage : 567890987

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post

That guy in that clip did what is known as filtering, and apparently is perfectly legal. However judging by the camera angles he's a Recumbent cyclist......... Now i'm a cyclist, but these guys are even more suicidal than the rest of us. They sit about 3 inches above the tarmac and the total hight of bike and rider can be no more than 24 inches. Crazy.

To take point with a couple of Derek's points I certainly do cycle 2 abreast on quieter roads, its actually for safety reason. Traffic is more likely(they have too) slow down when trying to get past us, instead of trying to pass leaving a 5mm gap at 50mph. It can be really bad at those middle of the road pedestrian refuge bollards you get, drivers just say f*ck it and squeeze right on through with no consideration. While I do admit to doing this I also point out that if I know the cars have slowed down behind and are waiting patiently to pass will slip back to single file and wave them past.
    Jumping Red lights are a bit of a bug bear of mine, but I must admit that since starting to doing a bit of commuting on my bike this year I have jamp(sp) 2 red lights. Ok no defence but I was doing almost 30mph at the time with less than 10m to go to the light. As I said no real defence. I do try to judge lights on approach, but its not an exact science.
    The Undertake then switch and overtake when we have to stop bit is called Filtering and is apparently completely legal, as long as done safely.
    I do agree with the insurance bit tbh, but how you going to police it with no reg plates etc. As for VED, well if im on my bike i'm producing less C02 than all non paying VED cars like a Toyota Prius etc, that and im already paying it to have a car sitting at home doing nothing.
    Final point thats been missed. Potholes. Think they are bad in your car? Try it on a bike, even a mountain bike with squidgy 26inch wheels and tyres never mind a road bike with 700cc rims and 23mm wide tyres pumped up to 100+psi, its murder!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information