After wanting something with a bit of pace and AWD I went for a Jag X TYPE px'd the beloved siggy for an 03 plate X Type with 70800 on the clock. Then the nightmare begins..........

Prior to purchase and after a poor test-drive I said to thesales man that the car drove rubbish and I was not interested. I was reassured that the car would be putinto the work shop so all of the faults would be repaired and that the car would run correctly. After the second test drive the car seemed to run ok .The sale would go ahead if other faults which I pointed out were corrected. It was soon evident that the faults were still present after purchase.

The car was MOT'd by the AUTOPARC
on the 18th july prior to me collecting the car on the 23rd.!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAULTS POINTED OUT:

Passenger side door paint work needed attention as it was flaking/cracking in patches. The doors are now different colours. The colours do not match!

Vibration from the steering wheel at speed.

This is still present after the car was returned on several separate occasions. This may have been over looked due to other issues! WTF!!!!

Brakes catching/squeaking.

New brake discs were fitted. After a lot of heated discussion! As they were damaged during the removal of the rear passenger siderear wheel! This was deemed ok when mot’d (photographic evidenceavailable).
20120627_134732.jpg
20120627_135102.jpg

Knocking from the rear.

Rear passenger side shock absorber changed. I was told that the tech could not hear the noise. I went out in the car with the Service workshop Manager and the shock was deemed to be u/s. within 30 seconds....!

Ticking noise from rear passenger side.

New passenger side drive shaft fitted after several tripsback and forth. The Autoparc Service Departmenthad the car for four days to fit the part. This part can be fitted in about one hour......!

Rear passenger side wheel destroyed. During service/MOT

Locking wheel nut rounded

I was told I was getting a NEW wheel put on the car by the woman on the phone with new locking wheel nuts.

New locking wheel nuts were fitted

A very old scratched wheel replaced the one which the autopark technician drilled off!

I complained...I was assured it would be refurbished by the Auto-parc MD. I now have 3 wheels the same colour and one which does not match.The workmanship is sub standard! (Photographic evidence available).
20120906_170041.jpg

The car was returned several times to have knocking and squeaks repaired from the rear of the car. I was told by independent people that they could also hear all of these noises. It was embarrassing parking up at work because of all of the creaks and groans.

Certain faults were not addressed until the car was returned and I told them I didn’t want the car.(Brake discs ,drive shaft repaired along with a shoddy wheelrefurbishment) I also threatened to get VOSA involved as I had no confidence in their maintenance dept along with the MOT that was given. Especially after the brake disc incident.

Current ongoing problems:

Steering wheel vibration at speed still present!

The car is droppingoil/fluid from the engine area.

I have had an independent person look under the car. There are signs of welding to the sump and evidence through dirt clad areas showing that these leaks have been present for a considerable length of time prior to my purchase. (Photographic evidence available).
20120906_165022.jpg

Passenger side dooris a different colour to the rest of the car!
see previous picture..........!

The rear passengerside wheel does not match the other 3 wheels colour wise due poor refurbishment!
see previous picture....!

This is not of a satisfactory quality of what a reasonable person would expect. I would like all of the current defects to be repaired to a satisfactory standard within a reasonable timescale. I am open to alternative suggestions subject to my agreement. Please feel free to contact me to resolve these issues.

After investigation. The vibration through the steering was caused by the transfer box being fubbard....£1300 to repairT
he oil leak was the front crank seal perishing...... some more ££££££........!
20120906_164801.jpg
20120906_164836.jpg
20120906_165416.jpg

Am I pleased to have my siggy back.