User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm looking at buying a 3.2 v6 what should I look out for known problems etc.

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar S-Type V6

Trim : Sport

Engine : Petrol

Year : 2003

Default I'm looking at buying a 3.2 v6 what should I look out for known problems etc.

As title:
    I'm looking at getting the 3.2 v6 petrol! Is there any common problems that I can look out for. What is the cam belt change milage and service intervals etc.
    Any knowledge you can pass on is apreciated.

Cheers
    Steve

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Whats happened to the Jag?

My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when I took the test drive in the Jag I said it had steering wheel vibration which needed to be repaired as part of the sale conditions (Along with other faults). They just kept balancing the wheels but the vibration remained. After alot of going back and forth it was finaly put inot an independent garage to balance the wheels again!!! They found the transfer box was fubbered causing the vibration. The place I bought it from said that the waranty would only cover £1000 and I would need to foot the bill for the other £350. I told them I was not going to pay anything as this was agreed to be repaird @ point of sale and not a warranty issue. They would not budge so I took my car back and all of my money. Trading standards were involved. I was about to go legal just before the option of unpicking the deal was put on the table. . Theres alot more to this story which deserves a thread all of its own. consisting of the following:

Sale of goods act 1979. Prior to purchase and after apoor test-drive I said to the sales man that the car drove rubbish and I wasnot interested. I was reassured that thecar would be put into the work shop so all of the faults would be repaired andthat the car would run correctly. After the second test drive the car seemed torun ok .The sale would go ahead if other faults which I pointed out werecorrected. It was soon evident that thefaults were still present after purchase.
    FAULTS POINTED OUT:
    Passenger side doorpaint work needed attention as it was flaking/cracking in patches. Thedoors are now different colours. The colours do not match!
    Vibration from thesteering wheel at speed.
    This is still present after the car was returned on severalseparate occasions. This may have been overlooked due to other issues!
    Brakes catching/squeaking.
    New brake discs were fitted. After a lot of heateddiscussion! As they were damaged during the removal of the rear passenger siderear wheel! This was deemed ok when motíd (photographic evidenceavailable).
    Knocking from the rear.
    Rear passenger side shock absorber changed. I was told thatthe tech could not hear the noise. I went out in the car with the Serviceworkshop Manager and the shock was deemed to be u/s.
    Ticking noise fromrear passenger side.
    New passenger side drive shaft fitted after several tripsback and forth. The Autoparc Service Departmenthad the car for four days to fit the part.
    Rear passenger sidewheel destroyed. During service/MOT
    Locking wheel nutrounded
    I was told I was getting a NEW wheel put on the car by thewoman on the phone with new locking wheel nuts.
    New locking wheel nuts were fitted
    A very old scratched wheel replaced the one which the autopark technician drilled off!
    I complained and was assured it would be refurbished by theAuto-parc MD. I now have 3 wheels the same colour and one which does not match.The workmanship is sub standard! (Photographic evidence available).
    The car was returned several times to have knocking andsqueaks repaired from the rear of the car. I was told by independent peoplethat they could also hear all of these noises. It was embarrassing parking upat work because of all of the creaks and groans.
    Certain faults werenot addressed until the car was returned and I told them I didnít want the car.(Brake discs ,drive shaft repaired along with a shoddy wheelrefurbishment) I also threatened to getVOSA involved as I had no confidence in their maintenance dept along with theMOT that was given. Especially after the brake disc incident.
    Current ongoing problems:
    Steering wheelvibration at speed still present!
    The car is droppingoil/fluid from the engine area.
    I have had an independent person look under the car. Thereare signs of welding to the sump and evidence through dirt clad areas thatthese leaks have been present for a considerable length of time prior to mypurchase. (Photographic evidence available).
    Passenger side dooris a different colour to the rest of the car!
    The rear passengerside wheel does not match the other 3 wheels colour wise due poor refurbishment!
    This is not of a satisfactory quality of what a reasonableperson would expect. I would like all of the current defects to be repaired toa satisfactory standard within a reasonable timescale. I am open to alternativesuggestions subject to my agreement. Pleasefeel free to contact me to resolve these issues.
    Yours sincerely

Signum-steve

you did ask .......LOL
    I'll stars a new thread and post pictures

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

That's bad news like that's the thing with ford engine etc lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take alook at the pictures in the thread I have Just started......I have never in my life come accross such a shambolick bunch of rip off merchants in my life...

Thread Information