Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default My Veccy CDTI 150 Elite

Thought it was time I posted a diary about my escapades in my 56plate Vectra Elite CDTI

Bought her in June this year as my workhorse for my business (Auto Electrician), to replace my Skoda Superb TDi, fell for it as soon I saw it, for an absolute steal too, has the optional 18" multispoke alloys fitted from factory. Was/Is immaculate inside and out not a mark on her, massive bonus for me as im very fussy about the condition of my cars, especially as one of the first thing my customers see is my car!

However mechanically she wasnt too great, I knew the air con wasn't working when I bought it, but I used this as a bargaining chip when I bought it. Got it regassed and it worked but the pump made one hell of a row when it was on. Also not soon after that the DMF reared its ugly head, I discovered the problems with the swirl bar and noticed a lack of bottom end power. Feeling pretty disheartened at this point, realising that I got some big bills ahead of me, and as it's the main tool of my business it needs to be in top condition.

During all of this the alternator failed, and while putting my towbar on I discovered the o/s/r spring was fractured. Crying into my cheap french beer at this point (anything decent was out the question as it was going toward the veccy). First I got the Clutch and DMF done, couldn't believe how bad it had gotten as when it was replaced the car was a completely different drive, much more refined! We were back on speaking terms!

Got a 2nd hand air con pump off fleabay, got bummed by Vauxhall for the washers for it though! Fitted it, regassed it, worked perfect.

Final job was the inlet manifold, which was done last week by Neill on here. Finally sorted my lack of bottom end pick up and black smoke!

Inbetween all this I'd been doing a few subtle mods here and there, first being limo tints from the b-pillar back, this was to keep the sun off my little girl when she's in the car and to hide the two headrest screens. Put my Private plate on

Parrot MKI9100 got bosched in along with the charging cradle for my iphone, hardwired the sat nav charging lead in.

HID's went on last week (love them!). 55w 5000k.

Next up is a remap and EGR delete. Bought some light brows which I'm awaiting to get sprayed up, after a rear lip spoiler too! I'll be pretty content with it after that, as it needs to earn me some money back!

Lots of other little stuff has been done inbetween too.

If the weather can hold off sometime soon I'll be doing a full detail before winter properly sets in to keep the paint work glistening!

No pics at the moment but if I can do this detail the weekend, I'll post them up. Got my other toy as well which keeps me busier than the Vectra (Mondeo ST200)

Will keep updating this as work progresses, if you got this far, thanks for reading.

Also a big thanks in general to this forum, I wouldn't of found out as easy about half the niggles I've had. One of the most useful and knowlegable car forums I'm on!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

Welcome on vectras have a habit of draging you back i was looking at bmw then saw it's £1,000,000 for a high miler with less gear then the Vectra. Some more pics.

Thread Information