User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My neice has suffered a horrible accident - Help please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation My neice has suffered a horrible accident - Help please.

Hi Everyone. I have spoken to Big Pete to see if its okay I post up about this subject.

On June 4th 2012 My 14 year old niece was badly injured after trying to save a friend from the sea after being swept in by waves. Her friend was rescued by a passer-by but my niece (Katie-Lou) was over come by the rough sea and dashed against rocks and the harbor wall. There were no life preserves around and members of the public were lowering dog leads and straps to try and reach her. She eventually drowned. Her heart had stopped and she wasn't breathing. After 10 minutes two police officers arrived and bravely dived into the sea to get her (one got his teeth knocked out when he was dashed against the harbor wall) and pulled her in.

A member of the coastguard then gave CPR until the ambulance arrived. They eventually got her breathing and heart going again and she was air-lifted to Royal Edinburgh Hospital where she spent 3 weeks in Intensive Care in a coma. She gradually came off life support and is now at Edinburgh Hospital for Sick Children.

She has suffered serious brain damage due to lack of oxygen to her brain after she had stopped breathing. She cant move accept her head up and down occasionally. She cant talk. We think she can see as her eyes occasionally follow people walk past her bed. When we ask her to blink she does. She also now has a condition called Dystonia which means she has no control over her muscles and they lock up and contourt her into uncomfortable positions. Shes taking some strong drugs that help loosen her up so shes not in so much pain.

the BBC covered it at the time:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-18332045

and ITV did a piece yesterday with an interview with my brother and sister-in-law
    http://www.itv.com/news/border/2012-...rave-teenager/

She wont be home until after the new year. My brother has a lot to do to the house to prepare for her return. The front room will be converted to Katie-Lou's bedroom. They will knock through into the garage to make a wet room. Ramps will be put in. They also need to get transport that they can put her special wheel chair in. Because they moved up to Scotland 6 months ago and are renting the local council aren't willing to help with any of the costs. They usually pay 80% of anything that is needed.

There has been a lot of well wishers in the local community (Eyemouth) and people have been holding events to raise money for my brother. this money has been put in a Trust Fund for Katie-Lou. The fund raising has really stepped up a gear and so a website has been setup to inform all the well wishers of Katie-lou's progress, the events taking place and a page to donate.

http://www.careforkatielou.co.uk/

On the 13th October I'm going to have an all over body wax (neck down - everything). I'm a hairy beast (some say gorilla) so thought it would make a lot of men go ooooh glad that's not me!

I'm hoping that the Vectra-C crew maybe able to help in my sponsorship.

There will be before and after pics (except maybe the sack and crack!) which i'll post up.

You can donate on the Care for Katie Lou Website and leave a message when when you do starting with 'Wax on Wax Off'. this will tell me how much my waxing has raised.

Thanking you in Advance

Innes MacLean

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart goes out to everyone involved mate terrible thing to happen I'm lost for words

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill sort something out for sure , my thoughts are with you all at this time . khalid

. irmy door pins, pedals,chrome /elec folding mirrors covers.parking sensors/ window tints all round.blue led dash conversion.debaged /k+n filter twin mij cat back exhaust . xp front spoiler and irmy boot spoiler .b8,s and H+ R springs. afl, headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is such a terrible story mate. I really dont know what to say. She is a brave girl who went to save a friend.

I will certainly try to help as much as I can.

God bless and my thoughts and prayers are with you all through this difficult time.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my thoughts are with you and your family, will see what i can do come payday.

East Mids - Assistant Regional Organiser - Leicestershire Даниил's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only last year my 4 year old cousin was in hospital after being kicked in the head my a horse she now has brain injuries. i know how you feel and will definitely support your fund raising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the Scottish Borders so are very familiar with what has happened to your niece.

Its a terrible thing to happen to someone so young, our thoughts are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, it still doesn't seem real even after nearly 4 months. My brother Andy and sister-in-law Niki have been by her bedside every day since it happened. They take in turns going up to be with her. Its an hours drive from Eyemouth to Edinburgh. They don't get home until late evening and sometimes early morning. They've been totally amazing and are so strong. I'm a big softie at the best of times but this has totally broken my heart. Its such a waste. They moved from Plymouth to Eyemouth (where they holidayed) for a change of lifestyle. They've always loved Scotland and had dreamed of going there for so long. 6 months after they achieve their dream it gets totally blown apart. Katie-Lou's life will never be the same again and nor will theirs. I thought it's supposed to happen to other people. Not family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan danz View Post
    only last year my 4 year old cousin was in hospital after being kicked in the head my a horse she now has brain injuries. i know how you feel and will definitely support your fund raising.

wow so young. Poor thing. I'm sorry to hear that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the news. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information