User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: rear bumper removel

  1. #1
    Regular Member david-bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    eastlothian scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra vxr

    Trim : vxr

    Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 31000

    Default rear bumper removel

    hi folks looking for a bit of advice on how to remove the rear bumper on my vec sri i have removed the front one before and it was doddle not sure about the rear any help is much appreciated

  2. #2
    Regular Member Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quite Simple

    1) Remove two Torx screws on the inside eadge of each wheel arch
    2) Remove two Torx screws from the top side of the number plate recess
    3) Un clip the the two clips on the under side of the rear bumper
    4) Remove both rear light lenses
    5) starting at each wheel arch end, gently pull the bumper away from the clips.

    Job Done

  3. #3
    Regular Member Stewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I removed the one on my silver one last year (the plastic skin). Its a really easy job.

    IIRC, there are the usual screws on the inner arch liners (Hex heads from memory), 2 T20 ( I think) either side of the number plate lights. There might be a couple more around the boot shut (can't exactly remember). Remove tail lights and there is a push clip under each lamp. Behind the bumper there are 2 more black plastic clips. the sides are pressed into plastic runners. release these and it will slide off. (remember the number plate lights are still attached though!) I think thats it.


  4. #4
    Regular Member david-bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    eastlothian scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra vxr

    Trim : vxr

    Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 31000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quite Simple

    1) Remove two Torx screws on the inside eadge of each wheel arch
    2) Remove two Torx screws from the top side of the number plate recess
    3) Un clip the the two clips on the under side of the rear bumper
    4) Remove both rear light lenses
    5) starting at each wheel arch end, gently pull the bumper away from the clips.

    Job Done
    thank you most kindly matt much appreciated next wee job tomorrow

  5. #5
    Regular Member pogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    having a laugh and banter when permitted
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi

    Trim : A5

    Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

    Year : 2009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david-bell View Post
    thank you most kindly matt much appreciated next wee job tomorrow
    why you take bumper off david mate? what you up too?

  6. #6
    Regular Member david-bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    eastlothian scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra vxr

    Trim : vxr

    Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 31000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectrapogo View Post
    why you take bumper off david mate? what you up too?
    all will be revealed mark lol

  7. #7
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Usually reversing sensors !!!

    I found I didn't need to remove my tail light clusters on my SRi, but it did need slightly more than a gentle pull !!!

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Regular Member pogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    having a laugh and banter when permitted
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi

    Trim : A5

    Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

    Year : 2009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I removed the one on my silver one last year (the plastic skin). Its a really easy job.

    IIRC, there are the usual screws on the inner arch liners (Hex heads from memory), 2 T20 ( I think) either side of the number plate lights. There might be a couple more around the boot shut (can't exactly remember). Remove tail lights and there is a push clip under each lamp. Behind the bumper there are 2 more black plastic clips. the sides are pressed into plastic runners. release these and it will slide off. (remember the number plate lights are still attached though!) I think thats it.

    god ive just noticed how bad does the veccy look with the rear bumper/ lights removed

  9. #9
    Regular Member david-bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    eastlothian scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra vxr

    Trim : vxr

    Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 31000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Usually reversing sensors !!!

    I found I didn't need to remove my tail light clusters on my SRi, but it did need slightly more than a gentle pull !!!

    Cheers
    got it in one lol

  10. #10
    Regular Member Paddy2bsure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david-bell View Post
    got it in one lol
    So glad someone asked... I'll be doing it this weekend!

    Take some pictures & put it in "How To's"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26th June 2012, 10:58
  2. cdti oil filter removel
    By rob10 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th May 2012, 21:19
  3. Sri boot lip spoiler removel
    By pipamish in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th March 2012, 06:44
  4. seat stains removel
    By yadziyad in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13th July 2009, 13:29

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •