Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Engine electrical problem?

Hiya lads,

A few months ago my engine started jumping a little bit, this started happening after I nearly ran out of fuel but made it to the petrol station in the end and topped up (ASDA). I spoke to my mate who is a mechanic and he said its probably all the **** from the bottom of the tank in the filter and to do a service. I got it serviced and it worked fine as I drove away from the service, although they found a lot of water in the fuel filter, I drove to the petrol station near us (ASDA again) and topped it up, straight away it started juddering again whilst driving. I took it to my mate who drained the tank, suspecting **** diesel, and found no problems but said it might be the fuel pump, but after checking it with his laptop found only a problem with the 3rd injector. We changed the third and fourth injector around and checked again and it still said the third injector was still the problem. I had to go on holiday the next day so the problem got left for 3 weeks. When I got back my mate had invested in a new laptop program for cars and when he checked the engine with his computer it said there was an error with the glow plug relay. I ordered a new one compatible with my engine (the 150) and now the engine wont start at all, I tried swapping back to the old one and it still wont start, it was easy enough to change as it just pulls out and pushes straight back in till it clicks. Can anyone help me here? Is it really a relay problem? As far as I am aware this would just stop it starting in cold weather not make the engine judder whilst driving. This car has been really looked after, regular services and has only 46K on the clock.

I drive a 2005 1.9 cdti 150 Vectra.

Cheers for reading lads.

Matty

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

3rd injector is a wireing fault the is a revised plug avalible from vx a litthe soldering is needed
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

o has the car ever cut out
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm currently blaming everything on the crankshaft sensor as smoothed out once new fitted along with software update. I'm in a 120 so may he different

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi mate, no it has never cut out but it juddered like mad on hills, like it was about to stall. OMG you're joking so I just paid for a service and a new relay (£40) for nothing!?
    I have no experience or equipment for soldering mate, any idea how much it costs to get done and how much the new plug costs?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ps. Any idea why when I changed the relay it stopped the engine from starting?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cleaning up the electrics for a more powerful or precise signal?

Have you tried old one back on to confirm its def that just incase?? I changed mine and few days later it wouldn't start after that and new starter motor and it was crankshaft sensor £35 ish. The wiring problem would make your engine run rough maybe but other 3cylinders would fire still.
    If crank sensor giving wrong info it won't fire anything as a safety thing although it lets turn over. Just not start and run high speed.
    ps the tech2 diagnostic said sensor was fine but swopped with a borrowed one and it fired up.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I put the old one back in and it wouldnt work, left it 30 mins and tried it again and it starts fine. The juddering is definitely less if I push in the plug hard, on injector 3. Going to get a quote off the local dealer for a new plug, on monday when they're open (who needs to work weekends when they charge those prices! :P)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Job I did also a few weeks before was the leak off pipe & connectors on top of 4 injectors as a fine air leak causing bad starting. the pipes were fine but the plug inserts had cracked and allows a fine air leak. Problem is if you do just the pipes (£3-4 linear metre)as these get old a leak a bit also, (there's a how2 on it) the plugs that attach are plastic and snap easily. New kit is a metal plug (obviously they figured the design flaw in plastic parts connected to a hot engine) not stocked at dealers (round mine anyway and allowing travelling) its an order from vx themselves.(£35 trade). If you find it's the plastic plugs when removed you can't refit them and big diesel leak and no temporary fix will sort
    Part is the leak off pipe and connectors not a leak off kit. (On parts system at vx the picture of the part didn't look like my part but it was it. The

I think my car was a multitude of small faults and everytime fixed one, another was hiding behind another.when each was solved just left crank sensor and car wouldn't start and nothing at all would show on diagnostics and would even give correct readings until put newer software on. From what I can figure out 05 software doesn't show faults on various parts like maf, crank sensor and other things although just my opinion but its fixed my car and each bit done it improved my starting.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi geordieric, just checking i understand the above, so you had leaking plug inserts on the pipe & connectors on top of all 4 injectors and you got a replacement kit of metal parts instead of plastic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information