Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Oral Chemotherapy?

Has anyone been through a course of this or have a family member/friend who has?

My mother-in-law has an inoperable brain tumor which was treated seemingly successfully with Radiotherapy this time last year but we received her latest scan results today and the tumor is on the grow again! The docs want her to start oral chemo asap, which is obviously s**t scary for all of us but especially for her. Does oral chemo stop this sort of thing or is it a more of a temporary extension to life than a cure?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.8vvt

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.8xer

Year : 2008

Mileage : 20,000

Hello mate,sorry to hear this,i myself have been through radio and chemo therapy and major surgery and up to now i have not had any tumours return--touch wood,my neighbour has had cancer and still has and she takes oral tablets everyday and she just gets on with life.But every case is different with cancer.All i can say is that you have to believe in your mother in laws consultants at the hospital and hopefully expect some sort of return to normality.My first consultant told me to put my affairs in order as the cancer i had was very aggresive[mine was in my throat],i then had the fortune to see two other doctors who said they could possibly help me,that was in 2008 and i;m still here--not the same as i was before the cancer mind-but i am still on my feet.Tell your mother in law that she needs to be positive and she has the support of her family to help her.The hospital that helped me was the Freeman hospital in Newcastle and i found them and others to be fantastic people. Hope this helps you a little bit and my thoughts are with you all----Dave

Thread Information