Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What would you do

I know there are many threads to what is best, tuning box or remap so dont want to start a big thread to the pros and cons off both.

Basically i have a 1.9cdti 150 with a dtuk green tuning box on, its been on the car for 5 years with no problems apart from usually 1.9 problems. Ive had the car now 5 months and just feel that its lacking something power wise, ive had little hot hatches in the past such as clio sports and had an astra coupe turbo and even though the car pulls really well 4th gear onwards just could do with a little bit more power.

Ive recently cleaned the egr valve boost sensor and blanked the egr valve off and have a rolling road print out from 2 years ago at 189bhp and 278lbft of torque. Now i see astra 1.9cdti's producing up to 320lbft of torque and i just wouldnt mind a bit more grunt, but the question is will it be worth be getting a remap and would it give me more power than the tuning box?

Only mods so far are de-restricted air box, k&n panel filter and egr blanked off

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you tried experimenting with the settings on the DTUK box? I've had one myself and noticed a big difference between '9' and 'A' especially (never went above 'B')

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by danny_n View Post
    Have you tried experimenting with the settings on the DTUK box? I've had one myself and noticed a big difference between '9' and 'A' especially (never went above 'B')
    Ive turned it up and down, mines just one with the dial, you turn it one way for more power and the other way for less, have it on setting 8 atm i think, tried the highest setting but engine light came on lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by danny_n View Post
    Weird people are scared of turning them up. I bought mine used and it came on 'D'. I just left it there. It doesn't smoke much unless I am hammering it over about 2.2k revs. My crappy 120k vectra workhorse is almost identical acceleration from 40mph as an 08 CTR and my wifes clio 197. Over 40mpg too. D for the win. Lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

or it could be that you have got used to the power . ive a remap on mine , been r/r at 192bhp . , does feel fast , but i think after a while you get used to it . try taken the box off for a week , and see the difference , when you put it back on .

the vectra has gone , but not far away so ill still see it form time to time

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by happypostie View Post
    or it could be that you have got used to the power . ive a remap on mine , been r/r at 192bhp . , does feel fast , but i think after a while you get used to it . try taken the box off for a week , and see the difference , when you put it back on .
    I think this is what the prolem is, like any car you get used to the power, i had a bit of fun with an older shape ctr the other day going up a steep bank and left him in my cloud of smoke haha.

Thread Information