User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 4th service (major)

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 4th service (major)

    hi guys, ive had a search but cant seem to find much, nothing that lists whats needed anyway, ive also rang vx and they said they would ring me back but never did. i just want to know what exactly is done on the 4th service (major service) am i correct in saying it would be oil/oil filter air filter pollen filter fuel filter and then check over car brake lines etc. ill be honest the 4th service isnt due just yet but with wife losing her job and with two kids etc im just getting my head round what big bills were likley to get over x mas time, (service being one of them) now i do oil changes etc on the vec myself so if the major only adds a fuel filter ill do it myself. so if any of you has had a 4th service done or knows exactly what vx do, and a rough idea on price. many thanks peeps. rob

  2. #2
    Regular Member m8internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cumbernauld, Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Full details should be in the front section of the Service Book

    The service plan is basically ABACABAD or ABAC
    I assume the Brake Fluid was replaced during 2011, if not then it is due now
    This basically just means a Full Service is due :
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Pollen Filter
    Air Filter
    Fuel Filter
    and that is it
    The rest is just visual inspection
    The next difference is the inclusion of a manual inspection of the brake materials (as the interim service is visual only inspection)

    Oddly, the fourth service on my own car is only :
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Pollen Filter

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Full details should be in the front section of the Service Book

    The service plan is basically ABACABAD or ABAC
    I assume the Brake Fluid was replaced during 2011, if not then it is due now
    This basically just means a Full Service is due :
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Pollen Filter
    Air Filter
    Fuel Filter
    and that is it
    The rest is just visual inspection
    The next difference is the inclusion of a manual inspection of the brake materials (as the interim service is visual only inspection)

    Oddly, the fourth service on my own car is only :
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Pollen Filter
    thanks for reply, cant find my owners manual (wifes 'put it somewhere safe') the thing is i just cant decide on whether or not to start doing all the service work myself and save the money, i always do a 6month oil change myself. i should add its a 2008 vec 1,9cdti 150 sri. so the car has always been to main dealer for service then ive just done an oil and filter change 6 month later. last oct was its first mot and it passed no probs. so my view was to do then service work myself as i can do the oil and all filters easy myself even visual inspection i could prob do myself to a degree. i guess its pros and cons, pros being if i do all the service work myself ill save money on labour etc, amd also know what exactly has been done, down side being as im not a mechanic i may miss something when inspecting the car. as for the brake fluid change im sure vx did it in 2011 so it will be due on the major. i was also thinking as its getting an mot every year now brakes etc will be checked at that point.

  4. #4
    Regular Member m8internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cumbernauld, Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob warrington View Post
    i should add its a 2008 vec 1,9cdti 150 sri. so the car has always been to main dealer for service
    Yes, I saw it was a 2008MY from your profile
    Remember your car is still under legal cover until 2014 (as you live in England), so it is best to have any service work carried out by a VAT registered garage until then
    If you are not a mechanic then don't take any chances, it could be the end of you or someone in your car...
    £150 can be burnt on parts, £150 won't bring back the dead or severly injured

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Yes, I saw it was a 2008MY from your profile
    Remember your car is still under legal cover until 2014 (as you live in England), so it is best to have any service work carried out by a VAT registered garage until then
    If you are not a mechanic then don't take any chances, it could be the end of you or someone in your car...
    £150 can be burnt on parts, £150 won't bring back the dead or severly injured
    yes this is very true, sorry what do you mean 'still under legal cover ' ??? i take it you dont mean the warranty

  6. #6
    Regular Member john506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wirral
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Yes, I saw it was a 2008MY from your profile
    Remember your car is still under legal cover until 2014 (as you live in England), so it is best to have any service work carried out by a VAT registered garage until then
    If you are not a mechanic then don't take any chances, it could be the end of you or someone in your car...
    £150 can be burnt on parts, £150 won't bring back the dead or severly injured
    Lol it's only servicing, not like he's doing his own MOTs !

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john506 View Post
    Lol it's only servicing, not like he's doing his own MOTs !
    that would save me a few quid wouldnt it haha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. she passed mot and had major service need some help
    By jimmywhu in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th May 2012, 20:43
  2. Major Service Due NEED Help !
    By Elahi_786 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th May 2011, 17:20
  3. Major Service
    By danno in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th May 2010, 22:04
  4. Major Service
    By cdms811 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th January 2008, 16:56
  5. Major Service
    By parapaul in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 6th September 2007, 20:51

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •