Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.9CDTi (120) Estate

Trim : Design

Year : 55

Mileage : 126000

Glad you walked away from that Mike.

This is why I love Veccys: After breaking my neck/back in a Nova when I was 19 (fell asleep and ended up in a field, upside down) Vectras are like tanks so I feel lovely and safe in them, especially when you see the state of Beemers and the likes after lower speed impacts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra

Trim : GTC VXR

Engine : 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Year : 2015

Mileage : 3,200

Glad you got everything sorted Mike! Take care buddy and pop along to meets when you can

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Durk View Post
    Alot of the NI fella's off here know i lost mine a few years ago after a seizure while driving. i was 25 and never had one before and took one while driving a dumper on the road and put it over the ditch and rolled down a drop and i fell into a stream face down. If it hadn't of been for a car seeing me go over and stopping i'd of drowned. A few stables and stitchs later i was out of hospital but dva revoked my licence, not driving drove me mad cos im a real car nut but i knew it was the safe option. Took a few weeks but i got the right tablets now and a yr later i am back driving after being told im fit tho DVA have taken my HGV off me. I had no warning. Maybe 2 sec's to react at most.but not enough time to do anything. So For anyone jumping down your throat saying you shouldn't be driving etc... It can happen to anyone like me not knowing they have it.God forbid it happen them someday. Keep the chin up and be glad you got out of the car alive. You def had someone looking over you
    i know this is old news now but i would just like to add this... how can the dvla justify saying your safe to drive but not leting you drive a hgv. yes i know a hgv would most probably cause more damage, but if they are sure that someone is fit enough to drive on public highways surely it shouldnt matter what your driving as long as you had the correct license. our system is ****ed up!!!

Glad it all sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : z

Trim : z

Engine : z

Year : z

Just seen this thread... Omg how the **** did the OP walk from this alive? One very lucky fella. All the best for a speedy recovery mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Just had a read through this lot, as someone who works in safety it's very interesting to see all the opinions flying about. just one thing Mike, why did you think you would get a personal injury pay out?

I could write an essay on the levels of risk, the control measures blah blah blah, but nobody will want to read it and it won't change anything that has happened.

As everyone else said, pleased you came out of it relatively unscathed and gutted for you with regards to the relapse.

last but not least if all four wheels are still ok I'll give you a few quid for them! lol!

Best of luck with your recovery and getting back on top of your epilepsy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Back on the road now after leaving it for 4 years to apply for my license again as I made sure I was fit free for a good.length of time, I'm driving a saab 93 vector sport now but looking for a vectra soon, I haven't being on the forum for a good while but will be back on quite often now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Welcome back, just sat and red through this. How you survived that only God knows. I'd add a friend of mine in an sharknose beemer, a diabetic, passed out driving and put the car into a house (no people injured), my wife had a stroke last year (at home), then 2 more in hospital recovering. She was on an automatic ban till the doctors cleared her, though they say she's liable to have more. We normally go out together so if one is in any way feeling "off" the other can drive - if we get any warning.
    I have my own health problems, but the worse I'd had myself was falling asleep on a motorcycle going up the A1M from London to Peterborough one night, felt myself going, so as soon as I cleared the A1M stretch I looked for a layby. Thought I'd seen one, pulled over to find it was mud on the white lines froma farmer and I was jolting across a plowed field - that woke me up.
    Was getting back towards the road when the back wheel slid into a ditch. Tried to lift it out, but a 750-4 in mud proved hard to lift. Went to the roadside to try to get help, but no-one was stopping for a leather clad figure covered in mud. Eventually I had an "incredible Hulk" moment and got it back on the road, but it could all have gone very different. Life is dangerous.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information