User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Yet again woken up at 5am by my neighbours

  1. #1
    Forum Moderator John LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yet again woken up at 5am by my neighbours

    I bought my first house nearly a year ago and at the very start things were ok. The house to the right of us was empty and the one to the left owned by a seemingly nice couple (mid to late 30s)

    A lad then moved into the house to the left of us having left his wife and tbh he's been a model neighbour from the start. We very rarely hear him and the worst thing I can say he's done is spam his door at 2 am on a Sunday morning (not really even worth mentioning)

    Things turned when our other neighbours started to make more and more noise, shouting, arguing, slamming doors. They even had a domestic on new years eve resulting on her banging on our window (like I was gonna help her)

    It all came to a head one morning when she started playing music at 5 am in the morning...that's when I had to give in and call the Feds as it was quite obvious they are not even worth trying negotiate with.

    The police came out (they actually sent 2 cars) and luckily the music could be heard out on the street so the cops gave them a slap on the wrists and the music went away (ah bliss)

    They obviously don't even look our way now which suits me fine but it's apparent that they are trying to make life difficult for us.

    She has a push bike which seems to sit outside for days on end and sometimes it's round the back standing up and other times it's lying on the path next to their house so it takes up the whole path. This is a shared path which we have every right to use and do so as we need to take our bins that way and I need access to my garage.

    They still fight and argue (who doesn't) but I can live with that. It's the weekend benders that I cannot live with anymore.

    Everything seems to be quiet until they start having loud as hell conversations at around 5am in the morning. Fair enough a one off but guaranteed at least once every weekend you'll get woken up at 5am by Wayne and waynetta slob having some stupid conversation.

    Today there seemed to be three people in the conversation.

    I wouldn't mind so much but its worse at the fact I work shifts. I start at 2 today buts it's ok for them as they'll be stinking in their beds for the rest of the day.

    I shouldn't have to put up with it as here's the crunch point, I own my home, so does my other neighbour but these slobs privately rent this house.

    The blinds are left shut all day every day (apart from once a month when they clean the place....the smell that comes from the windows is horrendous.

    I just want this sorted out now to be totally honest. Why should I have to put up with this ****e? We can all be noisy at times but these idiots are taking the complete ****. I've managed to get the landlords name and address through a Scottish register of landlords, should I put my concerns to him directly or should I visit CAB/the council.

    I'm in Scotland btw

    Sorry for the rant but I'm tired

  2. #2
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John IS3 View Post
    I bought my first house nearly a year ago and at the very start things were ok. The house to the right of us was empty and the one to the left owned by a seemingly nice couple (mid to late 30s)

    A lad then moved into the house to the left of us having left his wife and tbh he's been a model neighbour from the start. We very rarely hear him and the worst thing I can say he's done is spam his door at 2 am on a Sunday morning (not really even worth mentioning)

    Things turned when our other neighbours started to make more and more noise, shouting, arguing, slamming doors. They even had a domestic on new years eve resulting on her banging on our window (like I was gonna help her)

    It all came to a head one morning when she started playing music at 5 am in the morning...that's when I had to give in and call the Feds as it was quite obvious they are not even worth trying negotiate with.

    The police came out (they actually sent 2 cars) and luckily the music could be heard out on the street so the cops gave them a slap on the wrists and the music went away (ah bliss)

    They obviously don't even look our way now which suits me fine but it's apparent that they are trying to make life difficult for us.

    She has a push bike which seems to sit outside for days on end and sometimes it's round the back standing up and other times it's lying on the path next to their house so it takes up the whole path. This is a shared path which we have every right to use and do so as we need to take our bins that way and I need access to my garage.

    They still fight and argue (who doesn't) but I can live with that. It's the weekend benders that I cannot live with anymore.

    Everything seems to be quiet until they start having loud as hell conversations at around 5am in the morning. Fair enough a one off but guaranteed at least once every weekend you'll get woken up at 5am by Wayne and waynetta slob having some stupid conversation.

    Today there seemed to be three people in the conversation.

    I wouldn't mind so much but its worse at the fact I work shifts. I start at 2 today buts it's ok for them as they'll be stinking in their beds for the rest of the day.

    I shouldn't have to put up with it as here's the crunch point, I own my home, so does my other neighbour but these slobs privately rent this house.

    The blinds are left shut all day every day (apart from once a month when they clean the place....the smell that comes from the windows is horrendous.

    I just want this sorted out now to be totally honest. Why should I have to put up with this ****e? We can all be noisy at times but these idiots are taking the complete ****. I've managed to get the landlords name and address through a Scottish register of landlords, should I put my concerns to him directly or should I visit CAB/the council.

    I'm in Scotland btw

    Sorry for the rant but I'm tired
    Hi, Difficult one with them being in rented property, but could be worse if they owned the property! - I am a Landlord with several properties I let out - I have one house that has a young family in and there are always arguments with the neighbours over different things, kids, dogs, noise, etc and the neighbour rings me on a regular basis to update me - but to be honest what can I do - I have spoken to the tenants and they give a completely different story every time to what the neighbours do - so I am not 100% sure who is telling the truth. The tenants look after the property and pay their rent on a regular basis - but I have told them if I am presented with solid evidence they are being a nuisance they will be given notice to quit. Saying this the previous couple who rented the house had also complained about the neighbours behaviour and never got on with them. Basically there is not a lot that Private Landlords can do.
    The neighbours have been to the local council Community Safety Department and they now keep a diary of any alleged events, which they have to present to their contact at the Council, the Council also work closely with the local Police and they also record any incidents that occur at the house and liaise with the Council. I have been in contact with these agencies, and told them I will co operate in any way I can - as I say I have spoken to the tenants and told them if there is any evidence from the Council/Police of them misbehaving they will be asked to leave - but you do need this evidence before you can do anything as a Landlord, and even then you have to go through a proper procedure of serving notices , etc before you can evict them.
    I would advise you to
    a) Contact your local Council
    b) Contact your local Police Community Team
    c) Contact the Landlord and let them know what is happening
    d) Keep a detailed record of everything that happens
    e) If you are being affected by them - I'm sure other neighbours are as well - get them on board and hopefully they will be able to back up anything you say

    Not a very nice position to be in - Good Luck with it

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South east
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Contact the landlord first, make it clear that he's responsible for the behaviour and that you'll contact the authorities if he doesn't sort it out. He could kick them out in a matter of weeks if motivated enough.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Derek Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sodding Typical on Sea
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi John,

    I think if you speak to the Council up here in Scotland there is a specific department set up for anti-social neighbours and it is still 100% possible to have families evicted from there homes even if they "own" the house.

    However, do go to CAB they will keep you 100% correct.

    I feel for you as I have gone through this myself with my wife twice in past houses.

    If a massed Vectra take-over meeting at your house would be of any benefit????????????

  5. #5
    Full Member Knight Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Motherwell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had the same problem with a house across the road from me when a young girl moved in with endless amount of "boyfriends" visiting on set days. Music playing, shouting the lot John. I managed to get hold of the guy who actually owns the house and he told me that it's difficult to kick her out as he can be prosecuted for making someone homeless!!

    We eventually stuck at it and in the end she eventually left and what a relief it was tbh. Just stick in there mate and keep a diary of what goes on AND keep calling in the Feds too as they build up a case on them and pass it over to the council too BUT phone the council too as they put pressure on the owner of the property also. She was a right pain the a55 and living the high life on benefits and knew her rights to a T but it was good the day we found out she had "left". Good luck mate.


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    This is London baby
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I treat people how i like to be treated, so i would go and tell them what i think and that it needs to quiten down if it does not then i shall inform the apporate people, then see what happens from there, Keeping note off eveything.

  7. #7
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Contact the landlord first, make it clear that he's responsible for the behaviour and that you'll contact the authorities if he doesn't sort it out. He could kick them out in a matter of weeks if motivated enough.
    How can the Landlord be responsible for the actions of his tenants - hopefully in his tenancy agreement there will be something that covers criminal/anti - social behaviour that can be implemented - but as far as he is concerned he may consider them to be model tenants. That's why I said contact him to make him aware of the situation.
    If the Landlord does want them to leave - I agree it can be done virtually overnight - that is providing the tenant complies with his request to leave - if they don't and dig their heels in you can end up with a lengthy battle involving legal process and a landlord has to provide sound evidence to the courts to justify an eviction.

  8. #8
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    Hi John,

    I think if you speak to the Council up here in Scotland there is a specific department set up for anti-social neighbours and it is still 100% possible to have families evicted from there homes even if they "own" the house.

    However, do go to CAB they will keep you 100% correct.

    I feel for you as I have gone through this myself with my wife twice in past houses.

    If a massed Vectra take-over meeting at your house would be of any benefit????????????
    Sound advice Derek - I contacted the Local Council as soon as the neighbour contacted me and within a day the Local Community Police were in touch having been contacted by the Council - they seem to work very closely together and can give some good advice and help!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Here
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Id contact the council tbh, they will have an anti social team. Obviously keep a diary of thing that happen and if you need to call the cops keep a note of the crime ref number too. Id leave contacting the landlord to the council too as they will be able to make a better case. Not sure how this private rent/tenant thing works but id assume they will be on a 3 or a 6 month lease, if the landlord gets enough hassle from the council he may just refuse to renew their tenancy.


    oh and of all else fails the Flaming dog turd on their door step might make you feel better if nothing else.

  10. #10
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post

    oh and of all else fails the Flaming dog turd on their door step might make you feel better if nothing else.
    Nailed to the door usually does it - with a horses severed head in the bed as well lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ******* Neighbours
    By Tam80 in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 22nd July 2011, 12:18
  2. new neighbours
    By rochey in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26th October 2010, 05:16
  3. Neighbours huh ?
    By spennny in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2nd November 2009, 14:45
  4. Woken up at 12:30am to this.....
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th March 2009, 17:15
  5. Neighbours
    By 2ltrT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st October 2005, 13:27

Visitors found this page by searching for:

neignours up at 5am

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •