User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have got a very serious issue. 150bhp engine.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : 1.9 cdti

Engine : 120

Year : 06

Default I have got a very serious issue. 150bhp engine.

Hello guys. Car is 1.9CDTi 150bhp z19dth and I think I have got a very serious problem. Long story so please bear with me.

Driving on a country road last Sat, EML came on the dash but car was still moving okay. I had cleaned out the EGR and boost sensor on Fri and thought probably there was a loose connection somewhere. Pulled up to check and on closer examination, found the swirl linkage bar http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...ant-for-please and thought that was the problem. Turned around back home and car started losing power intermitently, not going over 2k rpm and sometimes power was restored.

Put it on code reader and got p242f and p2279 (I cleared them) which I understand is likely blocked dpf. I did the rubber washer fix and fitted the linkage on Monday. Took it for a test drive and was still losing power and fault codes returned but while driving, there was a burning rubber smell (assumed dpf regen). Saturation on reader showed 68%.

Tried to take it for a long drive on Wednesday to see if things will clear up but car lost power and turned itself off after loads of black smoke from exhaust. Emission light came on and code was p2452-0F (Particulate filter pressure sensor pressure (95Kpa) not plausible with barometric pressure (101Kpa)). Eventually got it started after loads of tries but it kept turning off if I tried driving and was towed home by RAC.

I cleaned up the throttle body, inlet manifold (as far as I could reach) and check the electrical part of the throttle today. Started up the car and the rev was not going more than 2200rpm. I held down the gas pedal and observed a lot of continuous black soot (smoke) coming from the exhaust. After about 7mins minutes of holding down the pedal, there was loud hissing sound like gas escaping from a cylinder under high pressure. Switched off the engine and looked around the engine area to see if there is anything unusual but there was nothing. Only code showing now is the p2279.

Went back to the car after like 2hrs to check again and decided to check the engine oil level. To my surprise, the level was way high up. That is unusual so what have I knackered? Are the turbo and the dpf gone?

I wish to sort this out myself without involving the dealers if possible. Any help will be appreciated. Once again, sorry for the long story.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi 123rado, before i start my response i just want to clarify i am NOT a mechanic by no means! so please dont take my word for it let people back it up!, anyway the swirl valve linkage bar that fell off normally breaks off with wear but thats just the bit you can see, inside the inlet there are valves which are normally attached to the pins that bar attaches to, a common fault on these veccys is in addition to that rod falling off, underneath inside the inlet the swirl flaps can fall of, get sucked into the engine and cause all sorts of issues, from what youve told me i would assume theyve broken and been sucked in, from the top of my head 2279 is a code i saw once for some kind of air intake issue?

I am kind of in the same boat, my rod fell off a year ago i re-attached using the £1 repair under the how 2 section - it works fine in regards to opening and closing the valves but i dont actually kno if the flaps underneath inside the inlet are actually still attached or not? I am looking to replace my inlet soon but cant really afford it :/,

anyway thats enough spiel, somewhere to start looking poss? maybe just keep engine running see if the gunk clears itself ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.9 cdti 16v 150

Mileage : 111250

Hi guys silly question but when you done the washer fix did you make sure the 1.2.4. flap moved freely
    gaz

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy139 View Post
    Hi 123rado, before i start my response i just want to clarify i am NOT a mechanic by no means! so please dont take my word for it let people back it up!, anyway the swirl valve linkage bar that fell off normally breaks off with wear but thats just the bit you can see, inside the inlet there are valves which are normally attached to the pins that bar attaches to, a common fault on these veccys is in addition to that rod falling off, underneath inside the inlet the swirl flaps can fall of, get sucked into the engine and cause all sorts of issues, from what youve told me i would assume theyve broken and been sucked in, from the top of my head 2279 is a code i saw once for some kind of air intake issue?

I am kind of in the same boat, my rod fell off a year ago i re-attached using the £1 repair under the how 2 section - it works fine in regards to opening and closing the valves but i dont actually kno if the flaps underneath inside the inlet are actually still attached or not? I am looking to replace my inlet soon but cant really afford it :/,

anyway thats enough spiel, somewhere to start looking poss? maybe just keep engine running see if the gunk clears itself ?

Thanks. How does one confirm whether the flaps underneath the manifold have been sucked into the engine? Some people glue down the valves and they've not had this sort of problem. Also I have read people saying the p2279 code is related to egr, dpf issue so I am confused.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
    Hi guys silly question but when you done the washer fix did you make sure the 1.2.4. flap moved freely
    gaz
    Yes. Top of manifold was cleaned with carb cleaner and 1, 2, 4 were moving freely. Once car is started, all flaps move to close position and flaps go to open position when engine is switched.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

May be normal, I think the diesel can mix with the oil raising it's levels - not 100% also thought the engine used more oil so not 100% sure (part of the processes of a DPF). This can lead to oil seal failure too. Get the thing mapped out and get it removed from the exhaust system. See how many DPF related issues you have then.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have not heard of the Vectra being noted for injesting swirl valves. I know this was a common problem on BMW's.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwillie View Post
    I have not heard of the Vectra being noted for injesting swirl valves. I know this was a common problem on BMW's.
    That's what I thought as well. Good to know.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by 123rado View Post
    That's what I thought as well. Good to know.
    Even if it was common (not to say it can't happen on the CDTI btw) it shouldn't be too much of an issue compared to the BMW's as their swirl flaps were metal. That said I wouldn't like to have it happen.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GazCDTI150 View Post
    May be normal, I think the diesel can mix with the oil raising it's levels - not 100% also thought the engine used more oil so not 100% sure (part of the processes of a DPF). This can lead to oil seal failure too. Get the thing mapped out and get it removed from the exhaust system. See how many DPF related issues you have then.
    So I can assume that all issues are still dpf related and I have not knackered any other thing on the car? I am planning to remove it from the exhaust and mapped out but since it is not driveable at the moment, I am trying to remove it myself. The 3 bolts around the triangular joints are being stubborn (wetting with WD40 at the mo) and not coming off for now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information