First post so please be kind
Thanks for an interesting and informative forum it has been very useful in regards to my recent purchase.
Now the owner for 2 weeks of an 06 model Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi 150 Estate in Star Silver obviously the best colour !! Is 11 months old with 16k on the clock and purchased through Network Q Arnold Clark in Winsford.
Came from a Vectra B 2.2 petrol estate.
First impressions are solid, heavy, well screwed together, reasonable quality etc. Paint is good with a few minor stonechips at the front not unexpected due to the mileage in a reasonably short time.
Car is standard Sri spec, however already done some mods
- Front map/reading light unit w sunglasses holder
- Rear interior light unit not had time yet to install
- Tamperproof alloy valve caps
- Airbox mod
- Front dash submarine red LED lighting
- Chrome strip for tailgate on order
- Mudflaps on order
- Rear parking sensors on order
- Irmscher spec estate spoiler
- Tuning box / remap (see below)
- Traction control switch (does this need to be Tech 2 activated on this model ?)
I do have a couple of queries however
1. Cold starting performance is sluggish below 1500 rpm when cold after a couple of minutes this improves significantly however and driveability is good.
2. Performance is good when on the move, however when starting from standstill feel that the car needs to be revved to get going with brio. Unfortunately this feels coarse and somewhat unrefined nothing like my 2.2 petrol. I know that comparing these is like apples and oranges, however was hoping for more. We also have a 1.9 Seat Leon 110 TDi and this moves smoothly and with gusto at any revs. Would a box or remap sort this issue ?
3. Will be doing interim 5k oil changes where is the oil filter ??? Not had chance to get underneath the car yet given the weather however isnt obviously visible from above!!!
4. Polish / Wax which is best for star silver ?? Car has multiple tar spots on it which I am slowly working to clear weather permitting. This is followed by Megs #2 and #3 stage process.
Thats all I can think of for the moment any comments or answers on the above will be appreciated though.