User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EML light flashes on in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears around 2500 rpm then goes off?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EML light flashes on in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears around 2500 rpm then goes off?

Alright Guys, wanted some advice!

I cleaned my EGR about a year ago after losing power randomly, then last week whilst driving i would randomly lose power for 10-20 seconds with an engine management light coming on and then it would dissappear again!

The AA diagnosed it as the EGR valve and I had this replaced a few days ago, the car seems to drive much better now but I took it on the motorway and whilst accelerating through the gears I noticed that when i hit 2500 rpm in any of the gears 3 and above, the engine management light comes on but it doesnt affect performance, the cars continues to accelerate nicely and at 3000 rpm the light goes off?

any idea what this could be guys?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Strange one (what engine btw?). If it were me, I would try and eliminate the EGR. The way I would do this: - I would disconnect the electrical connection to it (yes it will eventually throw up an eml and spanner but can be reset with a code reader upon re-connection or by simply driving around normally for a few weeks). This will render the EGR inoperative with valve in the closed position. You simply take the car out for a drive and observe its behaviour. If no change, then almost certainly not an EGR problem. If it is the EGR, some have stated on here that an ECU software flash update is available from VX for later EGR valves. Personally, I do not see why the need for this (but this is only gut feeling and maybe wrong). If an EGR has been re-designed, then it must be the valve aperture size that has changed. There is no electronic wizardry in one of these, the ECU controls the open\closing of the valve by electrical pulses to its terminals.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, it is the Z19DTH, yh it is strange I will try your suggestion but before then I will get a reader on it see what code is being bought up during the acceleration. The problem with your suggestion is that I won't notice anything? The spanner light is the only symptom of a problem as the car acelerates normally, if I discon egr spanner light will always be on lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Ensure that you have done this mod http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...njector-wiring

It may sort you problem it may not but it should b done regardless
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy139 View Post
    Hi, it is the Z19DTH, yh it is strange I will try your suggestion but before then I will get a reader on it see what code is being bought up during the acceleration. The problem with your suggestion is that I won't notice anything? The spanner light is the only symptom of a problem as the car acelerates normally, if I discon egr spanner light will always be on lol
    No, the spanner will not be on all the time. The first time you drive, the spanner will be on all the time but after a few miles, the next time you restart the engine, the spanner light will go out once the engine has started and you will be left with the car emissions light on.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry dont think I clarified it enough lol, the spanner light flashes on when I start then goes off whichever is te stored code, the problem is whilst driving in the higher gears (3and above) every time I hit 2500 rpm spanner comes back on and then goes off at 3000 rpm? I am doing the vacuum hose fix Tomo will do the injector one too next week! Still waiting to get my hands on code reader lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just had a look at my injector, it already looks like the injector three in the last photo on the how2 not the first photo does that mean this fix or similar has already been done to my car?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Entirely up to you of course but I would for sure disconnect the electrical connector of the EGR valve, take the car for a run for approx 6 miles then on the way back, stop the engine and restart it. At idle now, the spanner light should be out and the eml light on i.e. normal apart from eml light. Then drive car and observe spanner light through the rev range you expect it to flicker on/off. If it still flickers, it is probably nowt to do with EGR. On the other hand if it does not flicker, its a good bet it is EGR related.
    My logic anyways.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers will give it a crack and get back to you, my boost pipes seem abit mashed do waiting on replacements to arrive will fox them first then diag the light!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : 1.9 cdti

Engine : 120

Year : 06

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy139 View Post
    Sorry dont think I clarified it enough lol, the spanner light flashes on when I start then goes off whichever is te stored code, the problem is whilst driving in the higher gears (3and above) every time I hit 2500 rpm spanner comes back on and then goes off at 3000 rpm? I am doing the vacuum hose fix Tomo will do the injector one too next week! Still waiting to get my hands on code reader lol
    If it is a z19dth with 0.5 written in a box on the lower part of the VIN plate, it sounds like the dpf is needing regen which it is not getting. Is the car used for short journeys by any chance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information