Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Red face What a day!

As you may know, my better half is in Hospital at the moment.

I took her in yesterday morning for her pre op checks at 10.00. They had forgotten to tell us that she wouldn't be allowed any food from the moment she walked in, which was a bit of a ****er as she'd not had breakfast and was looking forward to a sandwich at about 11.00 ish.

We get to her room, off the main gynaecology ward, which, while a bit grubby and dingy, at least gave her some privacy. As I opened the cupboard to put her bag away, I found the half eaten twix.

While talking to the staff nurse looking after Sharon, she noticed that there was no bulb in the reading light. Don't worry, I'll have someone sort it out for you shortly. When I left at half past eight last night, it was still not sorted.

We spoke to the staff nurse to see if she had any idea what time the op would be, mainly so that I knew what time to come in today. was told it would be either 8.30 or 10.30, normally takes two hours. Agreed I'd come in about one o clock today.

Got in at Two o clock, as I'd got held up sorting a few bits out here this morning and I forgot to set the alarm. Room empty, apart from her glasses sat on the table. Very eerie, very strange and I don't mind admitting, it frightened the life out of me. I went to the reception desk and asked if they knew where she was. Nurse got up, looked at the board and said 'room 11'. I'd just come from there and it was empty. 'I know what room she's meant to be in, I'd rather like to know where the contents are' I asked a bit too matter of factly. So off we went for a little walk to find the nurse looking after her.

Found the Nurse. Any ideas? 'Well, she's is having an operation today' she said and looked at me like I was some sort of window licker. 'I'm all to aware of that, I was told that she should be done by 13.00, I'm just wondering as to what's going on, as no one has had the common courtesy or sense to let me know what's going on'.

Anyway, a quick phone call later and she found out that Sharon was still in recovery after the op as it had taken an hour more than they thought. So I sat in her room with the paper and waited.

Bless her, she's not in a good way! a bit pale, out with the fairies and in a fair bit of discomfort! I sat with her till about 18.45, in which time she had an injection for the pain, threw three times and basically drifted in and out of concieceness.

But the main thing is this. All the diseased tissue has been succesfully lasered away, the two big cysts have been removed, and all tubes and bits are healthy looking. To end a very long story, if we are not expecting within 6 - 9 months, they will induce fertility with some sort of drugs course. After being told that, Sharon smiled, cried, thanked the surgeon, and fell back asleep! I have just got home having had one of the strangest days of my life considering the extremes of emotion. I'm still buzzing a bit, but at the same time all too aware that the house is very quiet and empty. Sadly, sharon will have to stay in till Tuesday at the earliest, so we'll miss out on new year, but still. It's kind of worth it if you know what I mean. Means a few more trips from Reading to Oxford and back and the car park is about £1 an hour, but still!

Sorry for droning on, but I'm telling everybody!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ll the best for a safe recovery mate. Hope everythings ok.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well i hope she gets well soon, and heres hoping for the patter of tiny feet in the near future. just a quickie, when my mrs was in hospital after giving birth, she was in a private room and the strip light on the ceiling set on fire and started smoking, the fire brigade was summoned and also the electricians and they spent 3 hours all in repairing it.............they didnt even bother to move the mrs out or our 5 week premature baby......thats our hospital
    Wayne -

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

All the best to you both m8. Thinking of you.

We had to stay in Alder Hey a few years ago whilst our middle one was having a heart op and there was no way we would stay in the room they gave us.
    We slept on chairs on the ward as the room was damp and more like a prison cell. Not Nice

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Big to you both - hope she is feeling better very soon and that you can get yourselves back together again Never mind missing the New Year - as long as she is going to be in good health that's a million times more important than getting drunk and being nice to people you don't know!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Best wishes to you both mate, hope she recovers quickly & the op's a success.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

She is a champion mate. You take good care of her & yourself.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Best wishes to you both for Larisa and me. We are familiar with hospitals too.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

All the best to you two for the newyear,and may all your problems be lil ones ;o)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lets hope it's all worth the discomfort and aggrivation for you and Sharon..

best wishes to the two of you....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information