Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : Exlusive

Default Eto sat nav double din hu

ALL,

here is my thread which is still in progress of my ICE build
    starting off if removal of my beloved CD40 DAB opera...which is not up for sale.
    once the HU was removed i also removed the glove box A/C & heater control panel under the HU and also the cubby hole under that for maximum wiring options along with that i removed the air bag panel which is hidden when the door is closed and also removed the drivers air vent and for ease to wire up the GPS antenna & dab T.V. aerial the TV aerial is hidden up inside the map light i didn't want it poking up on the roof it does have a magnet however its not a good looking thing!
    once all that was done i noticed that the aerial might not fit the HU as its DAB...but thankfully there was an adapter ready with it.
    the little cubby hole below the A/C heater controls is where i have put the x2 USB ports and the IPOD connector there is already a handy hole already there so a small adjustment to make it slightly larger and the fit like a glove nice and tidily just how i like it! the reversing cam was a very easy to fit the cam is a direct replacement plate light which has half cam and half light so its road legal! seems i already have parking sensors i just wired it up to that power source which is connected to the reverse light. i then ran the wire through the boot under all the plastic trim up behind the glove box into the back of the new HU the instructions for this was in poor english so a little common sense is needed!
    2012-02-04 16.12.16.jpg
    2012-02-04 16.42.46.jpg
    SAM_1142.JPGSAM_1144.JPG
    SAM_1213.JPGSAM_1214.JPG
    SAM_1141.JPG
    SAM_1147.JPG2012-08-11_16-02-55_HDR.jpg
    2012-08-11_16-03-53_HDR.jpg2012-02-06 11.46.28.jpg2012-08-11 16.06.05.jpg2012-08-11 16.05.49.jpg2012-08-11_15-58-49_HDR.jpg2012-08-11 16.07.35.jpg
    2012-08-11 16.04.57.jpg2012-08-11_15-59-56_HDR.jpg

the + side of this HU
    direct replacement colour coding is perfect
    easy to use lots of features
    SAT NAV is spot on! with 3d buildings auto zoom out when driving like on a plane which is cool! one annoying/good bonus is unlike other sa-tnavs it will tell you once only that you are over the speed limit unlike some which do a constant beep like some do!
    bluetooth fantastic easy to use phone book options speed dial bluetooth music across clear voices
    DAB TV well its brilliant thats all i can say about that
    the HU has the option of adding more screens so the HU can display sat nav while others have the radio cd player i pod movies tv etc
    reversing camera...GOOCHY!
    you can have your own loading screen mine is a vauxhall multimedia picXTRONSBACKGROUND1B.jpg
    but you can have what ever you want

all steering wheel controls work computer works and tells you what you have on if its radio will display station etc etc

list goes on there the big bits i like!

down sides...

direct sunlight onto the screen results in unable to see it...but you get this on most DD HU anyway.

when you turn the lights on its auto dimming

the sound quality on standard speakers at first was shocking but this was due to standard setup on the HU however i have upgraded the speakers and its made a HUGGE difference soo much better!

the BOOT up screen there are options to change the logo however it does not have the griffen only opel or GM so i have gone for the GM "petty but i like things just right"
    im looking into changing this as the HU is windows based should be easy to change

finally the instructions are poor however being a man i didnt use the instructions i press buttons and see what they do but for late night reading found out that there not great!

my next step is to put up the thread of the spakers and boot build...watch this space! hope this helps all who wanted to know abit more about this unit i highly recomend it!
    there is a option for internet so im looking into doing that as it comes with 2x usb ports and i have a dongle so...wish me luck and i will keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow great thread mate, pretty much exactly what I was after lol

Im totally sold on this, Gunna find out how much my auto electrician charges to fit on Monday (wayyyy above my abilitys)

The only thing I'm concerned on is the camera cos Ive got it in my head the signum Nd vectras have different reg bulb holders, cos I'm sure the bulbs are different so intrigued to how this would work

How much did you pay all in mate, cam and everything under 300?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

honestly its not that hard to fit i emailed the seller on the bay seller ETO and asked for a combined package as far as i can recall the whole lot was under 300 i don't see why the bulb holders will be different i would of fort they would be the same!
    glad you like the thread hope you enjoy the head unit when you get it like i said i was put off at first but those little changes sorted it for me any questions please don't hesitate to PM or ask on here pal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 18VVT Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 130k

Looks good lad. A lot of hard work there. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

one last thing down load the picture if you would like it as the loading screen a fellow member created it looks spot on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Niall83 View Post
    Looks good lad. A lot of hard work there. Well done.
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well if anyone in the northwest can fit it for me I'd rather pay someone on here than the rich auto elec charges me

Do you have to fit a new aerial for the sat nav? If so where did you put it,
    I remember my mates Volvo couldn't get sat nav reception because of his tinted glass,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatch

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8VVTi 16v

Year : 2008

Mileage : circa 28K

nice work there mate - sounds like everything is coming on well - will watch this thread with interest for when you add stuff about the rest of your build!

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you have a look on the 5th picture you can just see the GPS unit poking out on the right hand side i don't get any problems with reception no you dont need a new aerial it comes with the GPS one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

like it, would like it even more with front and rear cctv and a facility to record.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information