User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Insignia has it's first clean!

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cool The Insignia has it's first clean!

Yes, I know, I picked it up on June 11th and this is the first time I've gotten round to cleaning it...

I have a few excuses, but I'm not going to go into them here, apart from the one where I didn't want to just use any old car wash on the brand new paintwork as it would destroy it before I even got started...

So, after a visit to Mark at Autobrite to get his advice and to hand over huge amounts of my hard earned to him in exchange for various fruity-flavoured car cleaning products to compliment the ones I already had. Without making it look like an advertisement for him (I'm not getting paid, honest...) I set about the car...

For starters, a wash down with my PW to soak everything, then a foam session with a sample of Mark's new BLUE MagifoamTM. Makes a difference from filling up my lance with pink stuff...

..and the wheels cleaned with Very Cherry and the treated to some Purple Rain. I should point out at this stage that Purple Rain stands out from every other product Mark makes on the grounds that it is absolutely god awful when it comes to aroma. I smells like a hamster Micheal Barrymore has been hiding up his rear end for a few weeks or something - seriously...

Then, after a wash with Banana Gloss shampoo and two buckets (takes a while to remember which is which when you're doing this for the first time...) I clayed all the bodywork and windows. Not a lot came off which is hardly surprising but I figured if I was going to do this then I'd do it properly from the start. Another round with the bucket and sponge and a bottle of Wax-Off to make sure there was nothing left from the factory coating and I was back to the clearcoat.

At this point I was interupted by Celes (Patrik) who was visiting England again and was passing fairly local on his was back to the ferry so I resigned myself to getting it dirty again to go and meet up for a MacDonalds. His pleading to see the Insignia may have had something to do with it...

So the next morning, I set about with another full wash, removing 23% of the bug population of Gloucester which managed to explode their innards all over my windscreen and front bumper in the 70 mile round trip, folowed by a machine polish all round.

Now I've never really been taught how to polish, I just bought a bargain one from DanBlackSRi a few years ago as it was too good an offer to miss out. After speaking with Mark, he recommended a basic soft pad and his Final Finish polish just to make sure the clearcoat was perfect. It shouldn't have needed anything as it was fresh out of the factory (2700 miles...) but I was going all out.

I should point out that I really hate polishing. It seems to take forever, and I swear it always turns to powder and covers everything else except the panel I'm trying to polish, and I can never really see any results. I suspect this is due to my poor technique for than anything, and I'm sure one day I'll find out how I'm meant to be doing it...

Anyway, after the polish I applied a coat of Nano Seal, then finally a layer of Obsession Wax. This has to be the easiest stuff I've ever used on a car, both in terms of putting on and taking off. That's enough of Mark's products though, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

I'm happy with the result, and promise to keep it in this sort of condition from now on.

2700 miles down, 97,300 left on the warranty...

Comments welcome

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 520D Touring

Trim : M Sport Business

Engine : 2.0 d

Year : 2010

Looking good mate. Well worth the effort. Will the interior get the same attention?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pompey-pimp View Post
    Looking good mate. Well worth the effort. Will the interior get the same attention?
    It got a hoover and dust-down - not much more it needs right now...

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Stunning mate

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    It got a hoover and dust-down - not much more it needs right now...
    Have you got leather seats? I have always used baby wipes on mine. Keeps them really soft and clean despite being 8 years old and 150000 miles. still keep eyeing up an Insignia but with all the toys etc I want I'm looking at is £32k. I can get an Audi A6 with 2000 miles for less so not sure which way to go. I did like the Insignia on a test drive and the fact Vauxhall do MOD discount

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pompey-pimp View Post
    Have you got leather seats? I have always used baby wipes on mine. Keeps them really soft and clean despite being 8 years old and 150000 miles. still keep eyeing up an Insignia but with all the toys etc I want I'm looking at is £32k. I can get an Audi A6 with 2000 miles for less so not sure which way to go. I did like the Insignia on a test drive and the fact Vauxhall do MOD discount
    Leather is standard on the Elites, and I opted for the sports seats option so it's got full electric memory heated leather sports seats...

While I may sound like I'm waving my **** in your face, your £32 grand figure is pretty much what mine cost with all the extras I ticked. I used the Forces discount (RAF) which is 7% on the Sports Tourer, took their 0% finance which took another £1K off, plus another £300 from a random voucher I got for surfing VX's website...

It's a fair whack every month, but knowing I've owned it from 7 miles on the clock and know everything about it and what it's done is a great feeling...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looking lovely great job and nice reading :-)
    AirBox Mod-Angel Eye head lights-HID 5000k-Colour coded grill-GID to CID-Auto Dim rear view Mirror, Rear Parking Sensors, Signum Fog surrounds, 19" Audi A5 rep Alloys, Eibach 30mm Pro-kit Lowering Springs.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    Leather is standard on the Elites, and I opted for the sports seats option so it's got full electric memory heated leather sports seats...

While I may sound like I'm waving my **** in your face, your £32 grand figure is pretty much what mine cost with all the extras I ticked. I used the Forces discount (RAF) which is 7% on the Sports Tourer, took their 0% finance which took another £1K off, plus another £300 from a random voucher I got for surfing VX's website...

It's a fair whack every month, but knowing I've owned it from 7 miles on the clock and know everything about it and what it's done is a great feeling...
    That is some fair chunk off mate. Having had the Elite I couldn't be without it. I bought an Astra Cabriolet in 2005 and with forces discount (Navy) and haggling got a total on 7 off the price. sold 2 years later and only lost 3K.

Like you say it may be a fair whack but the piece of mind is worth every penny. My father in law is 65 and has only ever owned 4 cars. He will buy new and then use until it gives up and then buy new again.

I'm still jealous......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra

Trim : GTC VXR

Engine : 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Year : 2015

Mileage : 3,200

Very nice fella

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lovely mate really! The gloss on the car is awesome. Many thanks for sharing and your custom

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information