Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2004

Default Manchester Airport meet and greet parking

Hey Guys, I'm flying from Manchester at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone has used the meet and greet service? It sounds good, as apparently you drive next to the terminal unload your bags and leave them to park your car up. They then get it ready next to the terminal when I return. This service costs a tenner more than just using one of the jet parks but I'm thinking with no transfer time, it should be better. Just don't want a 17 year old boy racer taking my car to the car park!!!

Anybody used it all? Any comments good or bad??

Thanks as usual people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

I have used the service at London airports with no issued at all, always prefer to use it. I generally take the other car though. Never had excessive mileage put on or an damage. Its so quick and convenient I look for the service every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

having seen a few programs about these companies................I certainly wouldn't leave them In charge of my car ...
    some come back and found extra miles on their cars were they were taken for a joy ride ...also some cars are squeezed in like sardines and liable for a carpark dink ...so bewarned ...check mileage and car for dinks if you do go down that route.
    Safer to get a taxi or a m8 to drop you off ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trust me either get a taxi or train I grew up round the corner from Manchester airport in a place called handforth this is where one of the places they park the cars whilst you are on hoilday. I use to know a few people who did this for a job and I wouldn't let them anywhere near my car

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Forum Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Always use the on-site car parks, park up and keep the keys (much safer).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

remember don't drink the water, don't drive at night, don't go to florida the murder capital of the states, don't put ice cubes in your drinks, don't talk to the cops, don't breathe....... if you did all the things you saw on TV you may as well stay at home for a fortnight.

I think personal experience should be accounted for rather than what somebody saw on watchdog once.. you will get a dodgy person in all walks of life, from coppers, politicians, lawyers, builders and care workers... if due to one of them being caught doing something wrong you decided not to use any of them ever again you would have a very wierd life.

At Heathrow one time a ferrari pulled up and the guy that got out was the guy who was taking my car away.. if he wanted to go ragging cars he would be more interested in the bentleys and other top end marques that were sitting on their rank waiting the impending arrival of their owners, my vauxhall is not going to excite them. They take your mileage and go around the car looking for dents and scratches which gets noted and you both sign off on. You check them upon your return and all good. If you park your car in carpark somewhere, who is responsible for it then? Not them as it generally says so on their gates that they are not liable for damaged caused to cars once parked. All vehicles are left at their owners risk, wherever they are parked.. You will never beat the convenience of a meet and greet service if you want to use your own car..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On Watchdog they showed that the parking companies just leave the cars anywhere they can find a space - in a council car park next to playing fields or behind Asda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I recently used the Jet Parks at Manc (not so much a car park more a clay filled boating lake). I believe the meet & greet parks are run by Manchester Airport themselves and your car never leaves the airport site. as I dragged our 4 suitcases off the shuttle bus past the meet & greet car park I did wonder why I'd not paid the extra couple of quid to park next to the terminal with all the shiny Mercs and Porsches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for all the comments Guys, as usual Nige, good bit of input from you mate,

I believe they are run by Manchester Airport themselves so i would have thought they were trustworthy. I just dont fancy a 10 minute shuttle with 3 large cases and was hoping someone had personal experience of the meet and greet at manc. I think Nige hits the nail on the head tho, as long as they check the car before and after, including the mileage, that sounds good enough to me.

As for the possibility of a small bump in a carpark, its like that everytime our lass takes the car out! Id rather park at the other end of a car park if its quieter, she just wants to get as close as poss to the front doors! ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anybody else with some personal experience of Manchester??? Seems like Nige is the only one who has actually used the service so far, and everything went well for him!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information