0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2009 vectra estate sri cdti 150

hi guys . total newbie here and im after a bit of info if you can help me , i just bought the above mentioned car with 80000 miles and a full service history . i havent had that much to do with vauxhalls since my nova twenty yrs ago so i have been searching the net and came across this site . i seem to be getting bad vibes about my new motor about the swirl valve what ever that is ??! the egr and the partical filter ....my question is are they really that bad ? and if so how can i fix it before it happens ??? thankyou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, they're not that bad. Most modern diesels have some problems when the miles get higher and are mostly due to the stupid euro emissions devices that have to be fitted. A 2009 model will have the improved manifold with swirl valves but it will clog up with soot and oil vapour eventually. Tbh a manifold won't cost as much as a clutch if you have to get it done at sometime. Egr valves are a pain on all cars but sometimes they can go on for years with routine cleaning and £100 for a new one isn't the end of the world. DPF's sometimes cause trouble but mine managed 240,000 miles without bother and there are some ways to remove it or modify it. You should get plenty miles from the car before you run into problems but just look after the clutch!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i clean my egr and boost sensor about every 4-5 months , the dpf i dont worry about only when it hammers my fuel when its cleaning its self out lol , u can tell when its cleaning when my instant mpg goes from 0.1 to 0.8 when stationary .keep it running till it drops back down , mine hunts slightley wich is a give away . my dual mass went before 60k but most cars have em , keep clutch pedal depressed when starting and shutting down and be easy on it . swirl valves there is a cheap fix if u look on the forum .other than that they are a great car and generally easy to work on .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sp8ty72 View Post
    hi guys . total newbie here and im after a bit of info if you can help me , i just bought the above mentioned car with 80000 miles and a full service history . i havent had that much to do with vauxhalls since my nova twenty yrs ago so i have been searching the net and came across this site . i seem to be getting bad vibes about my new motor about the swirl valve what ever that is ??! the egr and the partical filter ....my question is are they really that bad ? and if so how can i fix it before it happens ??? thankyou
    Hi, And welcome to the club - I wouldn't worry too much - and don't start to fix things if they ain't broke - I think you can get a bit paranoid reading some of the horror stories posted on the forum - but you should be aware of what could happen and if you are unlucky enough to get any of the symptoms described you will at least have some idea of what may be wrong and what is needed to sort it out. The main thing, as with all cars, is to keep it well serviced and maintained and it should serve you well - its a late model so hopefully a lot of the problems encountered on older cars will have been sorted out by now. Enjoy your new car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good advice there chaps, for once dont feel like everyones got it in for the 150.

Thread Information