Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Stupid Civilian Police Staff...

My elderly neighbour comes to see me this afternoon, looking like he's had a shock. It turns out that during a shopping trip to Sainsburys, some builder type in a pickup truck got angry with him for not giving way even when my neighbour had priority, and got out of his truck and threatened to smash his face in. That's a bit off, given that my neighbour is 4 years older than dirt. He asks me what he should do about it, and I tell him there's only one thing to do - go to the police.

So off to the police station we go, me driving because he's too shaken up, him clutching the bit of paper that his wife had written down the orangutan's reg number on.

We get to the station and he tells the woman behind the counter that he wants to make a report of some threatening him with physical assault, to which she asks:

"And are you taking the threat seriously or do you think maybe he was joking?"

WTF, I think to myself, who comes to a police station to tell about a "joke" threat? My neighbour replies that he's taking it very seriously. He tells the woman what happened, that the man jabbed him in the face with his keys and said twice that he was going to smash his face in.

Then, the woman asks, again, "So are you saying you want to take the threat seriously rather than just a joke or a throwaway comment?".

At this point I lose it a little as it's clear she's hoping that by persuading my neighbour not to go ahead with the complaint she can save herself some typing, and I reply for my neighbour:

"I don't understand your question, what is it about a threat of physical violence that YOU think can be treated as a joke!?!"

"But but but... he said he doesn't know the man who threatended him so I I I..." she stammers, realising we're on to her little game.

"And I don't know YOU either" I reply, "but if I were to say to you that I'm going bash you, would you laugh it off? No, you'd press your alarm button and in 30 seconds I'd have 6 police officers lying on top of me trying to bend my arms in direction they don't go. So, where's the joke element in what my friend is explaining to you?!"

Finally, she pulls her keyboard towards her and actually starts taking down some details. What a numpty.

(We're still waiting for the police to come round and actually take a proper interest, BTW).

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

its unreall mate police are usless no wonder people take stuff in to there own hands
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Mk1 renault scenic... I know I know but it drives

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.6 16v

Year : 2003

Their an absolute joke. When my windscreen got smashed an they actually botherd their arse two days layer to come out they laugh when asking of I feel threatened.

Wtf! Just because I'm a bloke with a skin head An tattoos I wouldn't feel threatened. I wasn't but its besides the point.

The mrs tells then she felt quite threatened an they weren't bothers in the slightest.

Agree with what Paul says no wonder people take things into their own hands.

Pretty damn sure if went a kicked tell types outer the builder you'd be in handcuffs within minutes

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wait until G4S take over policing... you ain't seen nothing yet!

There are some things that you shouldn't even consider privatising. And the Police service is one of them. Unfortunately it's all about money now, which leads to things like the OP has decribed, where an old Gent is shown nothing in the way of compassion at all.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

She had a weird uniform on, and the other two behind the counter were in casual clothes, so I think she might indeed be G4S. She's probably incentivised to turn away as many people as possible. Spoke to my neighbour this morning, he's got an answering machine message from the police left at 9.30 last night. What sort of time is that to be calling about something reported to them mid-afternoon? I reckon they were hoping to get no response.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Occasionally the police are useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI2Rb...layer_embedded

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My windscreen got smashed at midnight ish on a Saturday reported at 2 in the morning
    police came out at 10 on Monday night.

Yeah thanks for turning up

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Quote Originally Posted by Critch View Post
    My windscreen got smashed at midnight ish on a Saturday reported at 2 in the morning
    police came out at 10 on Monday night.

Yeah thanks for turning up
    Appreciate your frustration getting your car damaged - but I would imagine 2 hours after breaking your windscreen the offenders were miles away - what's the point in the Police coming out to look at a broken windscreen at 2am - and at that time on most weekends they were probably busy with the clubs turning out - your lucky they came out - around here (Derbyshire) they would just have taken details over the phone.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I new they wouldn't come out that time on a sat morning. An they took details.

But couldn't issue a crime number until they've seen damage.
    And then they failed to contact me. I had to ring back Sunday. As windscreen was meant to be getting changed Monday.

Luckily it had to be orderd so it was going to be tuesday getting fitted.

The police who phoned Monday mid morning was very snotty. That I Infact had a life an was in work like most normal people at half 11 on a Monday morning. (I no I live on a council estate but still!)

Not sure why they even botherd. Sent to police fellas at 10 o'clock so was dark they asked a handful of questions and said would it be on to text you crime number.

But o well it's all done with no. I'm 90 sheets lighter. But on plus side I've got a screen with no chips lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 145k

years ago my step father had a mk2 cavalier LX , he came out to go to work one morning & both door locks had been screw drivered to death , door was half open .
    we think the alarm must have gone off & scared them away , step father rang the police & they said to go to work & they will either come to his work or come to our house on the night .
    heard nothing from them for 2 days so I replaced the locks & repaired the damage to the doors , 5 days after the original damage was reported they rang up & asked if they could come & see the damage but wouldn't be able to get any prints from it , we told them not to bother coming out as it was quite clearly too much trouble for them .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information