Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vxr in red

Default Got a ****** pc virus

Hey all, got a poxy virus on the pc which has locked it. Does it mean im going to have to reinstall everything or is there any way of determining what is and getting it all removed?

Cheers

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

What do you mean locked ? Can you boot to windows ? If not try and boot in safe mode

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well ive managed to get it on and use the guest one and am scanning for viruses on that but ive heard that even if they get deleted they still have ways of getting on. If i manage to back up the files will they be backed up with a virus so to speak? Not very good with pcs lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

there are ways either of booting up on a linux disc which finds the virus on the Windows? OS and takes it out, or starting in safe mode and running anti virus. can't tell you how that's done. This is what a friend sent me when I had similar problems. No 1 was my first option:

1. Bootable antivirus disk - I chose AVG because I already had a free download of the AVG software on the laptop, although I don't use it, and the CD was very good, with extra diagnostics as I mentioned in a previous message. You can find it at http://www.techmixer.com/avg-rescue-...-antivirus-cd/ and follow the instructions.
    USE THIS FIRST - no use repairing a PC if it's still infected, it will just undo all the repairs!

2. Advanced System Care - freeware that will diagnose and fix registry and other problems - it's a free download at
    http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html
    Recommended by someone else and it worked very well for me, I have it installed on both machines now.

3. Spybot - Search & Destroy - again free, very good at monitoring system changes and asking if it's OK or not. It can be a bit annoying but worth the minor nuisance factor. Possibly with Advanced System Care installed it isn't really needed but I've used it for years. It sorted a few problems at work although it wasn't an official package! Get it at
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    They ask for a donation but it's not compulsory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The virus was from ukash saying its a 100 quid to unlock it. Ive heard people say they just switched the computer off and it killed it but can they have access to bank details etc. How do i find out what caused it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 50000

Download and run Microsoft security scanner the scan will take up to 4 hrs but is very effective,

When scan complete download Malwarebytes antiMalware and run full scan and remove all detected threats,

Both of these programs are free and have helped me fix and clean any virus infected PC`s i have worked on..

Hope this helps..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the PCEU virus - the screen has a banner from the metropolitan police and you have to pay £100 to unlock your pc. My spyware didnt pick it up at all. Eventually i couldnt even get into safe mode. eventaully got rid of it b ut it's a ******!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you can get online in safe mode, go to FSecure website and run their online scanner. Also try Malwarebytes or Superantispyware.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kicker View Post
    I had the PCEU virus - the screen has a banner from the metropolitan police and you have to pay £100 to unlock your pc. My spyware didnt pick it up at all. Eventually i couldnt even get into safe mode. eventaully got rid of it b ut it's a ******!!

Yeah thats the one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mikep View Post
    The virus was from ukash saying its a 100 quid to unlock it. Ive heard people say they just switched the computer off and it killed it but can they have access to bank details etc. How do i find out what caused it?

Don't pay it its a con. most of these is just a program on startup that makes you think all this and changes all your setting so you cannot do anything and no anti virus spywear can detect it as its not one,
    i have a lot of repairs like this no one has ever had things taken out of their bank.
    their was one con where they would phone you and convince you your infected then they would go through with you to get control of your laptop via remote desktop connection i have heard of one person doing this who had money taken from their bank this was via paypal as they had control of it.
    I'm trying to sort my daughters laptop out similar problems but she has left it for a few weeks before telling me its locked me out of everything.
    all i get in safe mode and normal is a black screen with the arrow in the middle. can't even write a new boot sector in command prompt, I'm just going for the easy way out that way she will not have any more problems.
    its done her well 3 years for a now 14 year old girl with never one problem, I'm going to take the hard drive out connect to a external drive and copy all her music,docs,pictures,video, and send it to my spare drive on my tower scan for any viruses etc, reload her laptop and transfer all docs back.
    sounds easy but its a full days work getting all the programs back on which she uses making sure all the updates etc not looking forward to it.
    when im only getting paid in tea and coffee
    Last edited by 6009tristanb; 2nd August 2012 at 13:50.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information