Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default quad irmscher exhaust

Hi

I have recently taken purchase of a 3.0 v6 facelift sri nav hatchback

My question to you knowledgeable members is what is your opinions of the quad irmscher backbox. Has anyone fitted them to the 3.0 diesel. I ask this question because looking at the current irmscher catalogue and as it states below it seems to be "in preperation". Is this the case because they currently have a buy price for the part. Also how does this exhaust sound and does it give any improvement to the performance seeing that its only an upgrade of the backboxes and not a complete system. Also is it full stainless or just the exhaust tips?

In all my previous cars I have updated the exaust to stainless steel full systems from remus and milltek including cats. I've had a look around and no one other than irmscher is offering anything along the line of stainless steel exhausts for the facelift 3.0 v6 desiel. I suppose what makes it more difficult for a full system is the new euro 4 emission system fitted to my car.

Any opinions on possible exhaust mods and other parts for the car would be much appricated (i thought about a chip but too much warranty left to lose if the engine went tits up due to a chip fault)

gar1

Dual branched twin tailpipe High-grade steel with twin rectangular tailpipes, left/right exit. Engine: Z30DT (in preparation). i 34 08 145

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

hi mate i dont have the 3.0 but have a 1.8 petrol and i love the duel branch exhausts and the sound of them is great i found a slight increase of power as well after fitting them . they are only the tips that are stainless hope that helps your decision heres a pic aswell

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ian c has the quad irmmy exhaust fitted to his 3.0 CDTI !!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Spot on Drinky, Ive been racking my brains for a 3.0 with quads. This would be his little beauty.
    Last edited by rushy; 26th December 2006 at 00:47.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for the replys so far. It seems I can get the irmscher back box for my car according to the picture provided. As the irmscher only seems to be stainless from the tips it seems a hell of a lot of money. I have been having a look around the web and came across thorney motorsports advertising the following cat back system for the vectra vrx. Does anyone know if both the 3.0 v6 diesel and the 2.8 v6 petrol share the same cat and therefore allow me to fit the milltec exhaust system to my car?

VXR Vectra Stage 2ECU remap and Milltek Sport VXR exhaust

Wow, what an engine. Simply one of the most impressive set of gains from simple ECU remapping and relatively minor exhaust modifications - very very impressive. In the midrange and peak power areas you gain over 50bhp and almost 90llb's of torque it really is a different car. The charts show the power coming off a little earlier but this is more due to how they are run on the dyno than on the road, the power simply hits you like a brick wall from 2400rpm and carries on straight to the redline.

The official VXR exhaust system is again from Milltek Sport and comprises a catback system with wider bore pipe and redesigned centre and rear sections. The power gains are relatively minor but are noticeable (both on the road and on the dyno) so its a useful gain over and above the OEM system (as well as shedding a fair bit of weight). Noise wise the change of note and tone is subtle and certainly not intrusive especially at motorway speeds but does make the car sound a little more agressive than standard so is a nice compromise.

As usual we undertake full diagnostic work on the car before we start any tuning, with full dyno runs and Tech 2 analysis of the car before, during and after any work so you get to see the power gains on your car before and after the work. Again, a full money back gurantee is offered (as with all our work).

Thread Information