Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Default The world today - what to do?

Bit of a weird one for you peeps.....
    Yesterday our neighbour knocked our door and asked if we knew this guy that had been snooping around anoother neighbours home. Looking throught there windows and lying down on there grass for most of the day.
    The owners are currently on holiday and have been for now 10 days. So my neighbour called the police and they came and arrested him and of they went. Later that night we got an update from the neighbour....The bloke is the home owners son and had been kicked out of home

Well this morning my wife told me the man slept on the front garden of the home under the porch, so his top half under cover but legs outside on concrete slabs........Today he has just walked around the estate then sat back at the house then the same again......
    He has now lost the sole of one of his shoes so only has 1 shoe and again He is there sleeping on the cold slabs.
    It has my wife worried as he sometimes walks past our home setting of the security lights etc etc.

Without sounding snobby etc, the area we live in is only 7 years old and 90% private owners with 10% housing association owned and most people are in good jobs and family people. We never have trouble etc so a nice quiet area...

I found myself thinking about giving him a tent with sleeping bag etc Some food, water etc but then I dont know him from adam, plus he may not react the way I hope he would, plus he may see it as an invite to befriend me.....I dont know. Nobody has confronted him and a few have said the home owners, his parents dont get on with him. So this makes you think maybe he isnt a nice person, being kicked out of his mates home and parents not wanting anything to do with him.

I just find it shocking that in todays world we cant bring our selves to trust a person that needs help....I think about going out and having a chat to him but this scares my wife and I have my kids to think off...

What would you do......He is about 45 years of age and im told he drinks. But he has been as quiet as a mouse and not bothered with anyone.......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8 V6 Turbo (280)

Mileage : 82000

I know that if I saw a person sleeping outside his parents house with no other choice I would help, no matter what his misdemeanours. Provided he is no threat to you or your neighbours and not causing a nuisance I would help... even if it is just a tent in his parents garden and a flask of tea.
    A lot of people are too quick to jump to conclusions and chances are he is having a much worse time than anyone else in the neighbourhood.
    What ever has occured between him and his parents is between them and shouldn't stop strangers from helping when they see someone in need. That fact that the parents are willing to wash their hands of him says a lot about them tbh.

Approach him if you feel the need to, it doesn't mean that you need to run up and give him a hug, but you can judge his intentions from a safe distance... chances are he's ****ed and just wants somewhere familiar to get his head down.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There are plenty of places he can help IF he wants help. Additonally there are DWP Benefits available, but he has to be responsible for his own life.

I am sure he knows what help is available to him, personally I would leave him alone.

spoons

I would be out there like a flash to help.

If he was a scumbag he would have broken into his parents property long before now and be watching the telly.

The fact he is being quiet as a mouse and trying not to disturb anyone means he has morals & sensitivity to others.

I've seen parents throw their kids out because they are gay for **** sake, shame on them.

75% of britain are only 3 paycheques away from the gutter. They are not bad people, just curcumstances get out of control sometimes.

Maybe by your caring actions, his parents might learn a thing or two if they are that bad.

Either way, good luck with your decision
    Last edited by spoons; 31st July 2012 at 08:20.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.2 direct

Year : 2004

This is an odd one, I don't know what I'd do in your position.
    Perhaps a quiet word with him to ensure he's ok and go from there.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Yeah if he is there when I get back from work I will pop round and have a friendly chat with him. Just don't know what to say really lol. I will prob not say where I live but just say I've noticed him sleeping rough and offer him a tent sleeping bag and some food n drink. Just hope his parents don't have a go at me about helping there son out to stay there. This morning I'm told his parents are back from holiday and have been for a few days. They are avoiding returning to the house as they know there son is there. This stinks and if they do confront me about helping him I will indeed fill them in on why I did.....I am a parent and will never stop being one.
    Cheers guys.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good to see their are still some humanity in society, and your not brainwashed to think everyone out there is out to rob/injury or hurt you, as the papers would have you believe.

You have no idea why he is there but if your neighbours have told you why they aren't getting on, you have no reason to refuse reasonable compassion.

Thread Information