User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Flying Machine

  1. #1
    Regular Member ion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    walsall
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Flying Machine

    Hi everyone

    I just read on MSN that the Veyron averaged 252mph on two runs on a test track. That is massively fast but what amazes me are the other figures:-

    8 litre 16 cylinders & FOUR!! Turbos

    987BHP!!

    922lbft!!

    0-62 in 2.5 s !!!

    0 - 186mph in 16.7s !!!!!!!!

    They reckon a DB9 would take a minute longer to reach 186 mph (300 km/h) which is impressive anyway.

    He might just have the edge over my 1.9, until I get a powerbox anyway.
    LOL

    What you guys think??


    I

  2. #2
    Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I'd hate to think what the bl**dy tyres cost, never mind the fuel for it!!

    Personally I think it's a very silly car that VW should have ditched ages ago. They seem to only be pursuing it to 'save face'. 300 cars at $1,000,000 each and they're still going to be out of pocket for all the costs!!

    D

  3. #3
    Regular Member ion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    walsall
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    I'd hate to think what the bl**dy tyres cost, never mind the fuel for it!!

    Personally I think it's a very silly car that VW should have ditched ages ago. They seem to only be pursuing it to 'save face'. 300 cars at $1,000,000 each and they're still going to be out of pocket for all the costs!!

    D

    You're probably right, Duncan but sometimes it takes nut jobs or irrational decisions to push the things forward.

    Whatever the reasons for doing, its somehow heartening that somebody still wants to make something faster, more outrageous & thirstier than everyone else. Four turbos etc. - very nice & a V sign to the enviro ists who would love everyone to potter round on little scooters or something.

    I bet youre right about the tyres, I would imagine Quick fit don't get much call for them.


    I wonder if they considered having it remapped?


    I

  4. #4
    Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ion
    You're probably right, Duncan but sometimes it takes nut jobs or irrational decisions to push the things forward.
    True!
    Quote Originally Posted by ion
    Whatever the reasons for doing, its somehow heartening that somebody still wants to make something faster, more outrageous & thirstier than everyone else. Four turbos etc. - very nice & a V sign to the enviro ists who would love everyone to potter round on little scooters or something.
    V sign? - more like a neon lit f**k off sign!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ion
    I bet youre right about the tyres, I would imagine Quick fit don't get much call for them.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ion
    I wonder if they considered having it remapped?I
    - can you imagine!! Although I'm sure it's been tweaked/tuned to that sort of level as standard anyway.

    D

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Want to use a diagnostic machine ? Or program a new key to your car ? Use my machine !
    By cyberbobdude in forum Vectra C / Signum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th July 2012, 21:42
  2. A well oiled machine...lets go flying
    By MLC in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th June 2008, 22:19
  3. Flying lesson (56K no no)
    By steve1975l in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th March 2008, 08:58
  4. Flying off to Frankfurt
    By SignumPhil in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th October 2007, 16:59
  5. off road flying
    By jonnye in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22nd August 2007, 10:20

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •