Thread: Cdti sri 150

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Cdti sri 150

My new Vectra 150cdti sri estate is one week old and yesterday the radio and cd player went haywire and sounded very muffled when I switched it on,I nearly hit the roof as it was about full volume. I booked it in for a check up because the Tom Tom kept going funny aswell, It is plugged into the front cigarette lighter socket. Today while driving to the garage the radio is now fine but the particulate filter light is flashing and the car is hunting up and down at tick over. To top it all there seems to be more noise from under the bonnet than there was yesterday (Wheezing). The garage said they could find no problems even though the light is still flashing, there were no fault codes to read. The next time they can fit me in is the 8th of Jan. Do you think I have a major problem or can it wait till then. Any advise will be very welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it dosent sound too good for a car thats only a week old!! i would try another vauxhall garage to c if they could fit it in sooner! its a bad time of year though with xmas holidays etc...
    what garage did u buy it from Chunkee?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It was bought at Arnold Clark in Dundee and checked in Arnold Clark in Greenock today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have used arnold in Greenock before and to be honest didnt find them that good!
    lyndsays in Dumbarton are miles better and i know a lot of the guys on this forum use them!
    i c u r from the same neck of the woods as me and Steven , where abouts in Argyll are u based??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ask them to try upgrding the software for the DPF (diesel particulate filter), it should be upto date on a week old car, but you never know how long its been sat in a carpark at the yard for before registration. the dpf is becoming a common problem with the facelift cdti's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lochgilp View Post
    i have used arnold in Greenock before and to be honest didnt find them that good!
    lyndsays in Dumbarton are miles better and i know a lot of the guys on this forum use them!
    i c u r from the same neck of the woods as me and Steven , where abouts in Argyll are u based??

Second that, Lindsay's have always been good to me. Their servicing has actually always worked out cheaper than Arnold Clark everytime I've had it done. (Even if it wasn't I'd still take it there so its done right and not burned out in the carpark by the AC mechanics!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well at last I had the particulate filter changed today, About a 45 min job they said, 3 hours later I asked what the problem was and was told the had changed the filter but could not clear the dashboard light and could I leave it in for a few days for further checks!!! No chance.. It is now booked into Lyndsays in Dumbarton as I think that after 4 days AC in Grenock have had enough time to try and sort this problem. Still hunting at tickover and with the smell of fumes but otherwise goes like sh*t of a shovel. My fuel consumption has now gone up to 40.3 for the last 2500 miles, at least that is getting better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The hunting at tickover and the fumes is exactly whats happened to ours, and co-incidentally after the DPF recall work was done.......

we're now waiting for a huge list of parts inc turbo and EGR system,as well as another DPF..the VX techie blamed the poor quality of the turbo's build.. so we'll have to see how it goes..

anyone want a cheap CDTI??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its booked into Lyndsay's on the 12th so fingers crossed. Does the car drive normally at all other revs?? 200 mile round trip tomorrow up the west coast so I'll see how it performs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just back from Lyndsays in Dumbarton and at last its fixed. After 4 days in A/C in Grenock with nothing found Lyndsays found the problem in less than an hour. The fault turned out to be an oxygen sensor which wasn't in the hole that it's supposed to be, it was just hanging. No surprise that I had fumes coming into the car or that the fuel consumption was poor. On my 90 mile trip back home It now averaged 52.4 MPG compaired to my previous 40.3. and the smell has now gone.
    I cant recommend Lyndsays enough ,polite,friendly and competent. Enough said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information