Thread: No throttle response Cdti 120

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default No throttle response Cdti 120

Had a problem tonight with spanner light coming on and no throttle response at all. Revs rise to about 1300 but pedal does nothing. Luckily I had the laptop & lead in glovebox so hooked it up and got codes ... P1120 & P1122 Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 and 2 signal incorrect ratio (52) - present.
    I cleared the codes and revs dropped to normal and I was able to drive normally for a couple of miles but the fault has returned and now codes won't clear. I'm thinking this is probably more likely a fault with the throttle body (possibly dodgy soldered joints) than a problem with the switch by the pedal.
    Has anyone had a similar problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

Accelerator pedal should have about 1v at idle and about 4.5 at wide open throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Critch. Do you mean reading from the pedal switch via a multimeter or from the ecu via diagnostic socket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

From the pedal mate. Using a paper clip into back of connector you should find the reading.

I don't know colours or exact set up

But you should have a 5v ecu reference wire. A ground and then the signal wire.

But I also think you can see them values or the values that the ecu thinks its at at least on opcom will also tell you percent value for movement in pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks again Critch, I'll give both of those a go in a little while once I've got the kids off to school. Looks like another day of fault finding for me... oh well at least it's not raining for once!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh joy! Another intermittent electrical problem
    Started up this morning and fault has disappeared again. Didn't bother testing voltage at the pedal as it's working fine at the moment but checked values from the ecu and all seems normal for now. Removed throttle body and circuit board part was full up with oil as others members have found. I've cleaned out all the oil and waiting for everything to dry off before I attempt a re-solder job on the contacts. Not really sure what else I can do until the fault returns though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Since cleaning out throttle body, re-soldering contacts, cleaning boost sensor and changing accelerator pedal assembly the car has driven without fault for about 150 miles so fingers crossed, it's fixed now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Well done mate - let's hope you've sorted it - I would have thought it would have reoccurred in 150 miles if it was going to

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah would like to think it's sorted but u never know with these things. I would've cleaned out the throttle body etc at some time anyway, just because it's such a problem area on these. Quite possibly it was the pedal at fault because if you unplug the electrical connector from the pedal it gives exactly the same symptoms I was having. Luckily I had a spare pedal here in my old vec so I just changed it over and it works fine (despite it being being from an auto and a different part number)
    Anyway, now I can concentrate on the the ignition key/switch problem I'm having instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I DO NOT F****** BELIEVE IT !!!! ...I actually thought this problem was solved since changing the pedal as I've covered about 1000 miles in the last week and no sign of the fault, then tonight it's back! No response to throttle and idles at 1400rpm with the same 2 fault codes present. I tried switching off and re-starting and.. the ignition switch problem has returned! If I clear the code for ignition switch it starts but still no throttle. I think I maybe I have a mouse in my car, chewing on the canbus wires!!
    I'm seriously starting to hate this car now and I haven't even owned it 3 weeks yet. The only reason I bought it was because I liked the last Vec so much and thought I'd experienced all the common problems they have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information