0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Default Fuming of Newport

Took Wendy to GP and back, didn't bother with DVR for 2 miles each way, my bad.
    Coming back I have a right turn onto the Hight Street, then 50 yds to a road on left, Telford link road to town. Piddling down with rain.
    On top of junction, works van pulled straight out on me, point blank, nearly had my front wing/bumper then floored it, at least 40mph through 20mph limit. A second van, looked like crew van. pulled out on my tail, so close I couldn't get number and tailgated me till they both turned right onto the Stafford road. Name one one van Edwardes construction, Telford 275 number, other was Evans something.
    I had hit my horn, a dozen or so people looked, but front one going too fast, couldn't stop to ask for statements or second one would have creamed me - need the car for Billing.
    Got home, called police. Was I making complaint? Yes. Would I go to Court? Yes.
    Have I got the number plates of all vehicles involved? No, already explained why. Got names of firms and partial phone number. How many companies of that name had telford 275 number. Why did I not get number? Ok, needed me to do 50mph in 20mph limit, would they advise that? No. Rear van was too close.
    Why did I not stop and get witness statements? Already explained, second van would have shunted me 200yds.
    Well sir, without names and address and number plates, there's nothing we can do. You have failed to get us sufficient information, and, after all, no harm was done.
    Yes officer, but that was pure luck, and these people knew what to do for me not to get the number plates.
    As I've told you, sorry sir, if you don't give us all the information we need, we do not have the resources to pursue this. A simple Google search shows firms of that name located worldwide, even Florida.
    Yes officer, but a Florida firm is not likely to have a Telford phone number or be driving in Newport, these guys knew the area.
    As I've told you, sorry sir, if you don't give us all the information we need, we do not have the resources to pursue this.
    At which point I gave up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Typical response from the old bill Grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by John Bishop View Post
    Typical response from the old bill Grumpy.
    Beginning to think so. I appreciate it takes time and effort, but there must be a list of Telford code 275??? numbers somewhere, and these two vehicles blasted through Newport with no concern for anyone, right at chucking out time for schools. Now me, I'dve thought that needed looking in to. The only ways to get the required info would have been go 3x the speed limit or cause an accident with the tailgater and "they wouldn't recommend that". Guess it needs them to kill someone before it's worth the bother.

East Midlands - Regional Organiser new boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : INSIGNIA

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.0

Year : 11

Just goes to show there just not interrested!! typical police..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You should have just reported that he had a back light out. They would have had the air chopper up in a flash lol

Thread Information