User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: is this turbo right for me?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default is this turbo right for me?

    i want 300+bhp i know i need 630cc injectors (and loom), 2.5" exhaust system, front mount intercooler, sports filter, td04 turbo (with oil and water lines to suit) and map but is this turbo the right one? will it even fit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-9...item5d2c3c76fe
    thanks peter

  2. #2
    Regular Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

    Trim : top of the line in both

    Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

    Year : 2006

    Default

    No mate it won't fit. You need one from a b207r engine

  3. #3
    Regular Member messermitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    No mate it won't fit. You need one from a b207r engine
    And if anyone knows, then Nige does! ! !

  4. #4
    Regular Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

    Trim : top of the line in both

    Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

    Year : 2006

    Default

    this will fit... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-0...item35b943099e

    and the sellers are also the UK Maptun agents if you wanted all the rest of the bits and a remap to make it all work together

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    this will fit... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-0...item35b943099e

    and the sellers are also the UK Maptun agents if you wanted all the rest of the bits and a remap to make it all work together
    can you tell me the difference between 14t 15t 16t ect ect? will this turbo in the link be a direct fit? does anyone know how much bhp this turbo will go to? also has anyone got any of the mods needed for the 300bhp mark? i have a frontmount intercooler fitted, enclosed performance air filter dumpvalve and a 2.5" exhaust with 2.25" twin exit pipes with no back boxes just a very small middle box. thanks guys

  6. #6
    Regular Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

    Trim : top of the line in both

    Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Its all documented on this forum already but a 14t will get you to a max of about 250bhp remapped. That turbo I listed is a perfect fit for your engine. The 14T related to the size of the compressor housing, the highest yours can go is a 19t. The td04 part relates to the size of he turbine housing, your engine is limited to the td04 as they did not make a td05 with the same foot (flange) to connect to your exhaudt manifold. Now if younchaned that to a custome manifold for one with a t3 flange you could try a load of different turbos but the custome manifold would costa hefty packet.

    So with your current manifold you could fit a modified td04hl19t an get over the 300bhp msrk. But with 630cc injectors and a 250lph fuel pump. A remap of course is needdd to make it all work


    To go higher than 310bhp its recommended to fit forged pistons and different cams, you can keep going but its down to ghe size of your wallett and your knowledge. You need to know your engine and ser ice it properly an regularly as this much power puts extra strain on it and will need extra care and attention to keep it running.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    thanks cave man, so the turbo thats listed is no good for me as itll only go upto 250 hp do you k ow where i can get a direct fit 19t from?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

    Trim : top of the line in both

    Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Forgive my grammar/spelling on that last post, i did that at stupid o'clock this morning after my daughter woke me up

    You can buy a th04hl19t from jawawarehouse in Japan or an uprated one from Neo Brothers in North London.. Prices vary of course...

    Who is going to remap your engine for this?

    You will need bigger 630cc fuel injectors with the custom loom (I can make you the loom) and 255lph fuel pump fitted as well as you know. What year/milage is your engine..?

    You will need bigger brakes to stop the car, you can't add that much power and not be able to stop it when you need to. 314mm are still a good price and will do the job, you can go bigger to 345mm but the disk pices jump with the size.. Good tyres are a must, there is no point tearing along at 160+mph and not being able to hold the car on the road (wet or dry). A better suspension is recommend, if you are still running stock it will not be the safest when pushing high speeds/rpms, when a vx chocolate spring snaps at 70mph and goes through your tyre that could be gamer over..

    An uprated clutch will be needs at your next clutch chnage that will come round sooner than expected, this will also entail having your DMF resurfaced. I would recommend a Quaife LSD to be properly fitted into your gearbox as well.

    You will probably best uprating your lower engine/gearbox mounts as well, not expensive.

    As you can see it not all about sticking on a bigger turbo..... Are you a mechanic or work in a garage, if not then the labour charges are gonna hurt as much as the total price of the parts you require.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    Forgive my grammar/spelling on that last post, i did that at stupid o'clock this morning after my daughter woke me up

    You can buy a th04hl19t from jawawarehouse in Japan or an uprated one from Neo Brothers in North London.. Prices vary of course...

    Who is going to remap your engine for this?

    You will need bigger 630cc fuel injectors with the custom loom (I can make you the loom) and 255lph fuel pump fitted as well as you know. What year/milage is your engine..?

    You will need bigger brakes to stop the car, you can't add that much power and not be able to stop it when you need to. 314mm are still a good price and will do the job, you can go bigger to 345mm but the disk pices jump with the size.. Good tyres are a must, there is no point tearing along at 160+mph and not being able to hold the car on the road (wet or dry). A better suspension is recommend, if you are still running stock it will not be the safest when pushing high speeds/rpms, when a vx chocolate spring snaps at 70mph and goes through your tyre that could be gamer over..

    An uprated clutch will be needs at your next clutch chnage that will come round sooner than expected, this will also entail having your DMF resurfaced. I would recommend a Quaife LSD to be properly fitted into your gearbox as well.

    You will probably best uprating your lower engine/gearbox mounts as well, not expensive.

    As you can see it not all about sticking on a bigger turbo..... Are you a mechanic or work in a garage, if not then the labour charges are gonna hurt as much as the total price of the parts you require.
    i havent got a remap sorted yet been researching it dont think anyone in southwales does it so will probably get the car trailered upto england.
    i'll be doing all the work myself im not a mechanic but i,ve been moddifying and repairing my own cars for years.
    im goin to be building all the parts up then doin everything in one go, goin to get a set of coilovers soon too. my cars done 112k but the engine was replaced with a new one 30k ago
    so the list is so far:
    >td04hl19t turbocharger
    >630cc injectors
    >injector loom
    >frontmount intercooler (fitted)
    >performance airfilter (fitted)
    >exhaust system (fitted)
    >aftermarket turbo elbow with 200cell cat
    >255lph fuel pump
    >remap
    is that about it engine wise? then there'll be the supporting mods brakes, clutch ect

  10. #10
    Regular Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

    Trim : top of the line in both

    Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

    Year : 2006

    Default

    yeah just about.. with the right remap that will get you 300bhp, make the downpipe a 3 inch jobby.. you will need to hang on to it when putting your foot down.. You can get used to torque steer as it costs a lots for a LSD and fitment.. you can do more to then engine, but you can revisit it and take it up another notch later on..

    building the parts up and hitting it on one go is the best way to do it... Sberrow is a member on here, he just did this upgrade, he is south wales somewhere, do you know him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 6th September 2014, 13:54
  2. Turbo Technics Hybrid turbo details.
    By nutron in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28th February 2011, 22:57
  3. TD04L14T turbo for Z20NET (2.0 turbo)
    By Caveman_nige in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th October 2010, 13:23
  4. Turbo Help
    By CDTi-SRi-Matt in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 11:42
  5. is it possible to change 2.0 dti turbo to 2.2dti turbo
    By EURO G in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 22nd October 2008, 07:35

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •