User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Smoking cdti 120??

  1. #1
    Regular Member frasedeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hull
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Smoking cdti 120??

    Can anyone tell me a list of things to check on my cdti (57 reg cdti 120, 110k) to stop the thick black smoke its leaving behind, even just pulling away in first its doing it now after cleaning the boost sensor.
    Cleaned boost sensor up to now, it was caked. Left the egr as didn't want to cause more problems if it was ok. All boost pipes look ok too.
    Beginning to wish i'd kept the vvti sri i had.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frasedeb
    Can anyone tell me a list of things to check on my cdti (57 reg cdti 120, 110k) to stop the thick black smoke its leaving behind, even just pulling away in first its doing it now after cleaning the boost sensor.
    Cleaned boost sensor up to now, it was caked. Left the egr as didn't want to cause more problems if it was ok. All boost pipes look ok too.
    Beginning to wish i'd kept the vvti sri i had.
    Clean the EGR.

    Change the air filter.

    Change the fuel filter.

    Check intercooler for leaks / bulging.

    HTH

    ---Sent from my iPhone 4 using Forum Runner.

  3. #3
    Regular Member frasedeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hull
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tony-1977 View Post
    Clean the EGR.

    Change the air filter.

    Change the fuel filter.

    Check intercooler for leaks / bulging.

    HTH

    ---Sent from my iPhone 4 using Forum Runner.
    thanks m8, done all the above, but not the egr yet. If it ever stops raining i'll get it done.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frasedeb View Post
    thanks m8, done all the above, but not the egr yet. If it ever stops raining i'll get it done.
    No probs

    There's a detailed How 2 on here re cleaning the EGR

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cdti smoking badly
    By gtirobbie in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th July 2012, 13:44
  2. V6 CDTI SMOKING...... but just once!?
    By BigWilko in forum Y & Z30DT Specific
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30th April 2012, 22:29
  3. Smoking CDTi 150
    By rockafella8587 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd December 2011, 11:57
  4. Smoking Signum 3.0 v6 CDTI
    By natvx220 in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd August 2010, 17:56
  5. Smoking CDTI
    By km101 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th January 2007, 22:07

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •