Thread: Ag hd vs collinite or other

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ag hd vs collinite or other

hiya guys, i know everybody has their own fav, ive ordered a da polisher and a few other bits, polish etc. but ive ran out of wax, tbh ive been using AG aqua spray wax for a while now, just for speed really. Im planning on doing abit of da work on 4 other cars so need to get another wax, but im unsure on what. Am i better getting a wax i can apply using the da, and if so which one, or go for AG HD or Collinite and apply with a applicator pad, or stick to good old AG aqua spray wax. Thanks. Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anyone??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

AG HD Wax for me. Dont bother trying to apply wax via a DA, there are no benefits, you will just end up using more than you need. I use the small red AG HD Pads. I keep meaning to get the Aqua wax, everyone raves about it easy of use in between proper waxings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    AG HD Wax for me. Dont bother trying to apply wax via a DA, there are no benefits, you will just end up using more than you need. I use the small red AG HD Pads. I keep meaning to get the Aqua wax, everyone raves about it easy of use in between proper waxings.
    I love the aquawax, may be a bit pricey but it is good. Yeah I've binned off the idea of applying via da, do you use the AG HD everytime you wash your car or just after every proper clean polish etc

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good evening rob. get a damp megs applicator pad then collinite on there spread it very thin all over so you are covering all the area then wipe of. its a wo wo wax no need to cure but if you want to leave it on for a while you can you wont hurt it. you want maximum cohesion on the paint and that's what you are really going for. like dasarab said no point in the DA application of it as it will be a waste of product that way. as a Ag fan i like hd wax but collie is so much better to work with and not so temperature funny. as for aqua wax bin it its not that great but again depends on what you will be happy with. no you don't need to wax the car every time you wash the car just depends on,time love and how much pleasure you get from doing it. keep it up mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GT3071R View Post
    good evening rob. get a damp megs applicator pad then collinite on there spread it very thin all over so you are covering all the area then wipe of. its a wo wo wax no need to cure but if you want to leave it on for a while you can you wont hurt it. you want maximum cohesion on the paint and that's what you are really going for. like dasarab said no point in the DA application of it as it will be a waste of product that way. as a Ag fan i like hd wax but collie is so much better to work with and not so temperature funny. as for aqua wax bin it its not that great but again depends on what you will be happy with. no you don't need to wax the car every time you wash the car just depends on,time love and how much pleasure you get from doing it. keep it up mate

Eh up buddy, I'm here again asking detailing questions haha. only reason I like spray wax is the speed in which it can be applied. I am keen to try AG hd or collinite so will give one of them a try. Thanks again to both of you for the advice. my very own 24 hr detailing gurus ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I personally tend to stay from the larger brands although i have heard good things about both of those waxes. Have a look at Autobrite Distinction or Concours Champagne Supernauba. Both very good waxes that can play with the big boys

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob warrington View Post
    Eh up buddy, I'm here again asking detailing questions ha ha. only reason I like spray wax is the speed in which it can be applied. I am keen to try AG hd or collinite so will give one of them a try. Thanks again to both of you for the advice. my very own 24 hr detailing gurus ha
    its the only way to learn mate abit of knowledge doesn't hurt. yeah the 24 hr hotline i will keep an eye on your posts lol.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by thunderpantz View Post
    I personally tend to stay from the larger brands although i have heard good things about both of those waxes. Have a look at Autobrite Distinction or Concours Champagne Supernauba. Both very good waxes that can play with the big boys
    distinction gives a lovely warm glow, good product

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by rob warrington View Post
    I love the aquawax, may be a bit pricey but it is good. Yeah I've binned off the idea of applying via da, do you use the AG HD everytime you wash your car or just after every proper clean polish etc
    Weather permitting I tend to apply once a month during the better weather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information