User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Signum 2.2 Direct very rough running.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 2.2 Direct very rough running.

At my wits end with this problem now, really needing some help.

My 2.2 signum z22yh engine is running very rough. A few weeks ago my emissions light popped on and off for a few days, then was on solid. Car was still running fine for a week then one day was starting to get rough. The car would start up fine, idle well and pull away well, it would drive fine if i very very slowly accelerated (and I mean old man on a sunday accelerating). But if you accelerated like you would normally drive or if you were joining a motorway the car would all of a sudden run very very rough, accelerating was almost not there, took me a few mins to get from 40mph to 70, which I thought was quite a long time lol. Felt like car went into safe mode or running on 3 cylinders but was getting no other warning lights apart from the usual emmisions light which was always on.

So for the past week Ive been forced to drive everywhere like a 90 year old man in fear I accelerate to hard and it starts running rough again lol.

After reading through forums I read Throttle body and EGR could be at fault. I set about cleaning them both, which to be honest were not to dirty, although I did notice the little flap inside the egr which opens and closes was very very stiff and hard open, is this normal?

Now since Ive cleaned the egr and TB out the car is constantly running very rough, as if on 3 cylinders. I dont think its driveable as constantly feels like it going to stall. Idle is crazy now ranging from 500rpm to 1500rpm.

Also does anyone know how the radiator tap works on this engine, mines would only turn about a quarter and no coolant would come out. Do you twist and pull the plug out? I ended up having to drain it another way to remove the egr.

Thanks in advance

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Sounds like your HP pump has gone mate. And yep, twist and pull the rad plug.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a feeling it could be that mate. Were they ever under a recall or was that just the regulator?

Is the fuel pump located in the tank? I might change it myself unless you think its more a job for someone with experience

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update.

I picked up a new pump today, was branded continental and only cost £180 so quite chuffed at that. But when i put new pump in there was no change from the day before. I did notice though I had put the air flow sensor around the wrong way the day before, so I put it the correct way and the car seems a bit better. Will idle perfectly, but still getting this problem with harder acceleration, which feels like a massive flat spot when you put the boot down. Emissions light is also still on. But if you drive it grandad style it will drive great all day.

I cleaned out the throttle body again today, and deep inside looked very very dirty when the throttle body was off. Is there a way to clean inside?

Place I got the pump from kindly refunded me, so at least Ive ruled out that problem at no cost.

Any other ideas guys? Cant get the car on a computer to read fault codes till friday. Ive tried the brake, accelerator and turning key test to see any fault codes but none appearing.
    Last edited by andrewleighton; 26th June 2012 at 17:57. Reason: Spelling mistake

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

regulator if its not the pump, or the sensor on the rail.. just had my continental pump fail on me, with the same symptoms..

Thread Information