User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.CarParts4Less.co.uk - Never Again!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default www.CarParts4Less.co.uk - Never Again!

I needed a rear wiper blade for my Signum and compared the Vauxhall Trade Club price with the Euro Car Parts price and the CarParts4Less.co.uk price, and the last of these were cheapest, so I placed my order - £4.92 with free delivery. When it arrived several days later, it was clear it was the wrong part - it was a wiper blade refill rather than a blade (i.e. just a length of rubber glued to a metal strip), and it wasn't for a Signum anyway.

To try and get a refund, I went onto their website and clicked on the live webchat option. After waiting several minutes for a reply, someone called Arron finally asked how he could help. I explained that the wrong item had been sent and that I wanted a return and refund. Arron didn't reply. 10 minutes later and he still hadn't replied. I typed in "Hi, is anyone there?" Still no reply. After 15 minutes I gave up and closed the chat window.

The next day, I tried the same thing again. Again, Arron eventually popped up and asked how he could help. I told him the same thing I told him yesterday, this time he replied with "Ok, give me a minute". 20 minutes later and he still hadn't said anything further, and as it was obvious he had bogged off, I closed the chat window.

So, I decided to phone them instead. Eventually they answered the phone, and I explained to the operator that I been sent the wrong part and I wanted that to be sorted out by refund or replacement. "I believe you've already sorted this out with Arron" he asked. "No, I've tried to, but Arron starts a webchat and then disappears and doesn't come back" I explained.

The operator then asks what's wrong with the part I've been sent, and I explained that's it's a refill, not a full blade. "What's a wiper refill?" he asks. That starts to give me an inkling that he's one of those types who is going to talk all sorts of BS just to get out of refunding my money, and he doesn't disappoint.

After I explain patiently what a refill is (even though I'm sure he knows - how can he work for a huge auto parts supplier and not know?) he then says he's never heard of someone being sent the wrong wiper part and so he needs me to take a photo of the part and email it to him as proof that it's the wrong part. WTF? I think to myself, they foul up, and instead of apologising and rectifying it, they want me to jump through hoops for them.

You might be thinking is it really worth all this hassle for £4.92? No, it isn't, but it's the principle - why should they keep my money when they haven't bothered to earn it?

Anyway, I suggest to the operator that there's a simpler way of doing this - howabout I take the incorrect part to my local branch of Euro Car Parts and they can send it back to him in their daily shipment back to the warehouse.

To that, he replies "What's Euro Car Parts, never heard of it". Here we go, I think to myself - come up with any BS to make things harder for the customer. "How can you claim not to have heard of ECP" I ask, "all your parts have their labels on them, you use exactly the same part numbers on your website, your website is identical to ECPs just a different colour scheme". To that, he replies "we buy a few of our parts from ECP, but we're different companies, so you can't return the wiper to their branch". Oh, so suddenly he HAS heard of ECP, but he's still lying when he says they buy "some" parts from them, actually it's every single part they sell.

Reluctantly, I take the photo, download it to my PC and email it to them, just to prove that I'm not lying when I say they sent me the wrong part. I also do some research online into the links between ECP and CarParts4Less. many members here, me included, assumed it's all part of the same company. It's not quite - both companies are founded by the same man, who later sold the UK mainland part of ECP to someone else, but remains the Chief Executive of ECP and is still the owner of CarParts4Less, and he still owns the Northern Ireland ECP business - and they also trade from the same address. So, doesn't quite tally with either story the operator gave me about never having heard of ECP or ECP just being a supplier of "some" of their stock. Why couldn't he just be truthful and say the ECP branch can't accept the return because I didn't buy it from them.

I don't hear anything back for a few days, until I receive an email at 6pm on a Monday from the same operator I spoke to, saying he's organised for the part to be collected by courier and the courier will arrive tomorrow between 7am and 8pm. Now who does that - organising a courier for the next day without asking the customer if he'll be in or not, and giving such little notice? To me, it looks like just another attempt to be awkward and he probably hoped I wouldn't be able to oblige. Unlucky for him, it was no problem for me to leave a note on the door for the courier, telling him to collect the part from my next door neighbour.

Three days after the part was collected, I get an email from the same operator saying that if I return the part to them, I'll get a refund within two weeks. I reply that the part was collected three days ago and must already be back in their warehouse, and that I have a tracking number from the courier to prove it. I'm still waiting for my refund....

SO, THE NEXT TIME SOMEONE ON HERE SAYS THEY'RE GOING TO BUY A PART FROM ECP, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU REPLY "BUY IT FROM CARPARTS4LESS - THEY'RE THE SAME COMPANY BUT ALWAYS CHEAPER".....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Sounds like want some of what my Scammers want - although they haven't specifically asked for it lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yea, they "want" a good ****** and a ******, plus a bit of *******!! lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Ha Ha - I've never used them - have used Eurocarparts and was convinced that they were all part of the same business- I usually order parts from ECP and have them delivered as I don't have far to return them as the local branch is only a couple of miles away. That's the problem with ordering by post - if its wrong or defective its a pain returning stuff.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've had issues with them. Won't say much more until im sorted though - but they are jokers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have had a very similar experience as you mate,they are not the best as far as i'm concerned,I ordered some parts for the wifes polo,so i input the reg number and it tells me the car is a Polo 1.4 y reg hatcback so i go on to order parts,i was after a new door handle and air filter for the car plus some sparkplugs and a thermostat,anyway when they arrived it soon became clear to me that the door handle was wrong and the air filter was for a 1.4 16 valve...gets on the phone to arrange return and the conversation goes like this......

Me.. Hi it seems you have sent me a couple of parts that are incorrect.

Customer service guy..? Whats the car sir.. Polo i said.
    ?"Are you sure you put the correct reg number in.
    Me ...Yes of course..
    Anyway he keeps coming up with excuses pretty much the same as they did with you,He emailed me a return number and said that the parcel company will collect tomorrow(Yodel) guess what they never arrived and there was someone in all day,so rearranged for the following day , they never turned up then either,i have ended up posting the things off myself with Post office recorded mail this was 2 weeks ago,havn't had a peep out off them,so draw your own conclusions .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Aparently a sachs flywheel and a luk clutch aren't compatable. That's their excuse with me and my claim at the moment

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did you buy through their ebay site? if so then report and give negs with them.

I got my rear Signum springs from their ebay site, carparts4less ordered 1 then 2 weeks later ordered a second one. Glad to say everything went ok and good service with both orders.

Thanks for the heads up, will be wary about using them in future.

Mick

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To rebelion..?Have you had any joy with a refund yet..i actually had a reply by pm on here from a Jamie Williams Head of Customer Services form carparts4less,i replied to him by my email informing him of what actually happened and not had a peep yet,nothing whatsoever,I returned the goods myself using royal mail signed for at my own expense and according to there tracking system it was delivered to there wembley depot on 25/06/2012. not good.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Same here mate. Still waiting. Herd nothing back from him yet after recovering a pm and email him back at their email addy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information