Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra Elegance 2.0DTi

Hi

I've owned this car since August, if you do a post search on my name you'll see when I first posted about the car. I bought the car as I started a new job which meant doing 375 miles a week, and I wanted something economical. Well, now that contract has come to an end and I'll be working more local next year I've decided to sell the Vectra and get something a bit more exciting. I was going to wait until January and stick it in the AT, but thought I'd put the feelers out here first:

52 plate November 2002 first registered
    I'm the 3rd owner
    108,000 miles - done 10,000 since I purchased it in August.
    Star Silver
    Elegance Trim level
    Cruise Control
    Trip Computer - shows average MPG (currently 46.9mpg!), Range on fuel etc
    does 600 miles to a full tank, more if you take it very easy! (£50)
    Automatic Rain-Sensing Wipers
    Air-Con - freezing cold
    Electric Windows - front and rear
    Electric Mirrors
    Currently has an Alpine 9850iR head unit that connects directly to the Ipod, and makes the stock speakers sound surprisingly good. I will re-install the original head unit and 6-disc changer unless someone makes me a decent offer?
    Front Fogs
    16" Standard Elegance Alloys
    Good tyres
    Nokia hands-free kit that works through the speakers and mutes, when used with the original head unit. Can be modded I'm sure to work with most head units.
    Immaculate interior, non-smoking car, no tears or rips.
    Immaculate exterior, no dints or anything. Coupla of tiny scratches, but you can't see them on a silver car.

Since I bought the car for £4000, I've had a fuel pump failure which threatened to set me back £2400! But, I managed to haggle with the dealer I bought the car from and got it done for £1400 of which I contributed £700. I have also recently replaced the washer pump at a cost of £200.

So, I paid £4000 for the car in August, spent £1000 on it, and covered 10,000 miles. I'd love to keep the car because it's great to drive, eats the miles on the motorway, and is superbly frugal. But, I'm having a mid-life crisis that has forced me to buy a fast exciting car and can't afford to run them both! I'll probably get tired of the fast car in six months and sell it for another Vectra diesel but there you go!

When I had the fuel pump failure I had to hire a car for the week, which I subsequently left the leather Vauxhall wallet in with all the previous MOT's (well, one) and service history in it. I've contacted Lookers in St Helens, and they are sending me out a printout with all the history as that is where the car was serviced all the time. The other good thing about this car is the variable servicing interval, it lets you know when it needs a service and seems to be about every 20,000 miles!

MOT and Tax both run out in February, but I'll get another 12 months MOT on it in January for buyers peace of mind. Might stick some tax on too, and a free full tank of fuel if the deal is right.

Anyone interested in making an offer? I'm 5 mins from Haydock at M6J22/J23 if you want to come and view the car. I'll throw some pics up over the weekend if I get chance, with it being Xmas and all!

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by efcmandan; 19th December 2006 at 12:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We'll need you to name a price mate.. forum rules i'm afraid.. can't have 'offers' or the like..it has to be a firm price..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh yeah, sorry mate.

I paid £4000, spent £1000 on it. So, I guess £3700 would be fair?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any offers on this before I either Ebay or Autotrader it?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glass's price guide is as follows;

PX Price:
    Excellent Condition £3200
    Average Condition £2860
    Below average Condition £2510

Slightly lower than your valuation.

Excellent Condition: Ready for retail sale; mechanically perfect, paintwork unblemished for a vehicle under two years old, but may have slight stone damage on a vehicle over two years old or with high mileage. Interior should be immaculate. A full service history must be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should be new or nearly new, wheels and trims clean and undamaged. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of nine months.

Average Condition: Some wear and tear to mechanical parts may be expected. Some minor repair might be required to the paintwork, although there should be no serious damage requiring replacement bodywork. The car will be of generally tidy appearance inside and out but some expenditure may be required for retail sale. A full service history should be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should not be more than half worn. Wheels and trims should be in good condition. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of six months.

Below Average Condition: Requires mechanical repair or some repair to bodywork. The interior may be worn and seats may have marks. Some corrosion, damage or poorly repaired paintwork may need attention. The car may not have a full service history and would not be offered for retail sale without significant expenditure. Major items of equipment such as radios should be operational. Tyres should be legal with an even tread depth across the tyre. Wheels and trims may show evidence of some scuff marks. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of three months.

Thread Information