0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default since the vectra went

So since the last time i was on the forum ive sold the vectra and bought 2 new cars.

As the wife and I had agreed that 2 kids and a dog was the way we were goin to keep our little family, I went out and bought the car I'd always wanted.
    Sadly not the spec that id always wanted, but none the less, i had my subaru impreza

this was her on the day i got her

shes a 2000 (x reg) Sport Special, 2.0 non-turbo, 91,000 miles, full subaru service history, every receipt for evrything that has ever been done to it at subaru. sport specials were built to celebrate the end of the classic shape impreza, 400 were built with full Sti interior, 200 in mica black, 200 in cashmere yellow. mine came with WRX alloys also
    The very same day ordered a Japspeed Back box, which arrived 2 days later and was promptly fitted, and released that boxer burble.

I also ordered a set of 17"x8" Inovit STvi in gun metal and some 205 40 nankang NS2's to get a little stretch on them.
    this was them fitted

shortly after i ordered a set of -35mm lowering springs

HOWEVER......circumstances changed,
    the day before the springs arrived the wife announced that she was pregnant with baby no.3!!!!!!

So the plans for the scoob changed, as in, sell it and get something bigger.

The following weekend the father-in-law came to visit, and kindly offered to lend me the cash for a suitable car for my growing family.
    so this is what i ended up with

an Arden Blue Zafira GSi
    When i went to look at the car it all seemed good, so stumped up the �3200 and drove the 108 miles home.
    however on getting home i found that the power sounder alarm kept going off. ANNOYING!!!!!!! so sorted that out, then realised that the rear dvrs side door didnt lock with the central locking, can put up with doing this manually for now so havent sorted it.
    2 days after getting it home the oil check light came on, this was the ever common Cam cover gasket leak on the z20let engine, so got on to courtenay sport and ordered a new one, while i was at it i ordered myself a new oil breather pipe, and a new top hat to intercooler boostpipe set up (vxr set up).
    so whilst changing the cam cover gasket i decided to give the cover a lick of paint, (those of you who saw the last little bits i did on the vec will not be suprised at the colour i chose)
    This was the out come of that couple of days work

since that photo ive added a polished top-hat for some bling, and ive got a new airbox with a high flow panel filter waiting to be fitted on friday lunch time. (that monstrosity cone filter is annoying me, and sapping power).
    this week i also changed the timing belt in a couple of lunchtimes at work. Within the next couple of weeks i will be upgrading the turbo to a VXR unit, as the seals on mine are almost shot, but have done well to last the 90,000 miles it has done.
    so once thats done i will be keeping the power standard for a while, and fitting some pcd adaptors so i can fit the 17's from the scoob, and the some coilovers when the cash becomes available. after that I'll get going on the power side, 250bhp should be enough for the family bus!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice zafira mate and a rare site on the roads in gsi spec,hope it serves u well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely looking car I have to say!!!

Had the same problem last year with the rear drivers side door on my Zafira. Cost about £200 from Vx for a new door loom. They really are practical, I have 3 children and they all fit in, plus our 2 small dogs, or kids bikes, or on occasion a new oven and washing machine..!!

Personally I'd keep the wheels you have on it. I think they'd suit sooo much better. lol 250bhp.. Mine is about 100. Still, it's the family hack and no pets, mud bikes etc go near the vectra..!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought id update this as i havent for a while. So in the 9 months ive the Zaf ive had to spend out quite a bit of cash on it. I didnt realise at the time that the Z20LET is notorious for leaking!! In the time ive had her ive either repaired or replaced:
    Turbo
    Timing belt
    Rocker Gasket
    Breather Hoses
    Valve stem seals
    Radiator
    Back box
    2 Tyres
    Spark plugs
    3rd row seatbelt

Failed MOT on friday for a corroded brake line, and a broken coil spring!! Should be getting the brake line tomorrow, and ive ordered a set of JOM coilovers as ive now got an excuse to get them. Also need to order a new sump gasket and coolant level sensor. As you can see all ive done is spend money on the ****** thing. But its still great when little boys try to race me and i just breeze past. Anyways heres a couple of pics of how she sits now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to admire VX/Opel for making the school Run cool though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get the jom coil overs mate I will give you a week and you will hate them!I did anyway when I fitted them to my old zaffy gsi ride was to harsh ye it looked good but spoiled the car I felt. This is how it sat on them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by david-bell; 24th March 2013 at 23:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive read up about the JOM ones as LMF supply them and people never had a problem with them. They should be here tuesday, hopefully they wont be too harsh, i dont plan on decking it. Nice zaf btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm liking the real light units!! Where did you get them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are the original ones mate, just sprayed red tint over them. and they went throught the MOT no probs. Its different to the normal clusters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information