User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Parents holiday in Switzerland! Highs and Lows!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTi 160

Year : 2009

Mileage : 53.000

Default Parents holiday in Switzerland! Highs and Lows!

Nah, not some slides before you think that....just abit of a story as it had its events, with 2 attacks on the Vectra!!

They drove over from Kendal in cumbria down to dover, across the ferry and over to switzerland...first time Dad has driven abroad so it was a learning experience for him.....anyway, they have a Caravan on a site in Interlaken...and they were just sat outside one day when another English couple approached them as they saw the car was from England, they got chatting etc etc and the guy asked my Dad what line of work he was in, he said he'd retired etc, and the guy said he was too, but said he used to be in motorsport...jokingly my Dad said "F1?" and he said no, rallying and touring cars.....only turns out it is bl00dy Mike Nicholson!!!...anyone who knows anything about motorsport and in particular Vauxhall motorsport will know that name! ...What an utter chance meeting that was!!...so they continued to talk about cars etc etc and motorsport etc etc.....god knows what my mum and his wife talked about while thes two old lads talked cars ....damn i wish i'd been there!!

On their way home through driving through Kaysersberg, Dad spotted this mad looking car coming up behind him, never seen anything like that on the road before so wasnt sure what it was exactly, turns out to be a Bugatti Veyron!!! One - Nil to him, Git!!...and mum couldnt get the camera out quick enough to get a shot of it

Also the downsides.....something hit the windscreen on one of the motoways/autobahns over there, and the result was this:

and here is where it hit, it looks very insignificant to me:

and the other attack was only really found out once he was home....we were unpacking the car with the drivers door open and i noticed a mark on the top inside of the drivers door...."What have you had caught in here then?" i asked....puzzled he said nowt and couldnt work it out, but upon further inspection and seeing a bend mark on the gutter, the penny dropped

Here's the pics:

Some lowlife scum had tried to get into the car via the top of the door with what looks like its been a screwdriver!! ....i imagine they would have bent the door down if they had got through.....but the alarm fired up and mustve scared them off.

Dad said the alarm had woken him up so he grabbed a 4ft length of 4x2 he had by the door and went outside....the next door caravan had security lights which had come on too....he thought something had gone on, maybe someone trying the handles etc, but didnt realise til he got home and i saw it, what had actually happened....quite shocking really

Other than that, they clocked up about 2500 miles and averaged 47mpg which isnt bad at all

I hope you all enjoyed my little story lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad the car performed well pity the himans in the story didn't do as well for you, that gouge and the screen look sore ones!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTi 160

Year : 2009

Mileage : 53.000

Thanks Derek

New screen going in Tuesday...if its not raining!

Thread Information