Thread: mapping in north wales?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default mapping in north wales?

got a 1.9 cdti pre face 150 sri... looking to do a few things to it and wondered if there is anywhere near north wales that someone can recommend for mapping the car. its my first time getting a map on a car so im not too clued up on this so would like somewhere that has a good reputation so i dont get ripped off...

also would like to know if its worth remapping a standard car or if i should do some other basic mods first.

i was thinking of doing the airbox mod, getting a decat and cobra exhaust from ebay and fitting an oil catch tank if for nothing else but piece of mind. wondered whether it was worth getting a box or just paying the extra and going strait for a professional map altho i dont think i have the money to get a live rolling road mapas iv seen those are very expensive.

any help greatfully recieved..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Remapping a standard car is perfectly fine. The airbox mod is always worth doing and if you want a bit more induction noise, drill a couple of holes in your airbox. You won't get the noise of a cone filter but at the same point you won't end up just sucking in hot air from the engine bay. Decat is perfectly fine on diesels and on my 2.2 DTi it felt much smoother with it gone. Have heard mixed things about Cobra exhausts though. Catch tank will help keep the crap out the inlet manifold too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yea i was going to put an egr delete plate on too but iv heard people saying that even with a remap you cant remove the light off the dash so i am unsureif to do that because a light on all the time would really do my head in but at the same time id rather remove it as it seems to have good gains and is very cost effective rather than replacing it all the time..

what kind if gains would i get from decat, exhaust, egr delete and a remap compared to just remapping the standard car now as it is?

and the other thing is if i mapped it now and done all other listed mods above, would i need to have it remapped again anyway after iv done all that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

You can fit a blanking plate with a small hole in, 10mm if I remember right. This means the ECU sees enough flow to keep the light off but not enough to start killing inlet manifolds. Some places can delete the EGR from the map, some can't. From a decat and a free flowing exhaust, you might get a few more bhp but the engine will feel smoother mainly. The less backpressure in a turbo system the better. Depends on the type of map. A lot of people quite like the a good blend of power and economy. With that you'd be knocking about 185 or so. If you went all out power you'd get closer to maybe 195 or so but obviously this is the equivalent of turning the dial up to 11 if you get my meaning.

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Buddy give the Lads at Pro-map tuning a bell they are very good !!!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Drinky View Post
    Buddy give the Lads at Pro-map tuning a bell they are very good !!!!!!
    do you have details mate? and where abouts are they located i might drop by and have a chat...

as for figures i am like most people on here i guess. id be happy with anything from 180-190 and better economy would just be an added extra bonus... the car does need to run smoother at lower speeds and that is what im looking for the most really, better acceleration is what i need because in all honesty the car is more than quick enough for me down the a roads and motorways because 8 x out of ten im sat with cruise control on relaxed into the seat haha

should i do other mods first before i remap tho guys?

Thread Information