Not been able to make a start on cleaning the car up after hardly touching it all winter because of the really crap weather so far this year and with show season heading towards us rapidly, I've been panicking about getting the car up to scratch for Brentwood next week.
Having pulled out of the Rutland water meetup because of the weather, sat around at home today and the weather started to pick up so making the most of it Amy and I made a start on the car.
Purely concentrating on the painted panels for now. We washed each panel in turn, then clayed each panel (and by god did some crap come off with the claying), then I made a start with the d/a using the only cutting polish I have here Autoglym paint renovator which isn't really designed for use with a d/a but as long as I kept it well lubricated with detailing spray did the job brilliantly.
So far the entire passenger side and the bonnet have been done and while I was d/a ing that, Amy made a start on the exhaust tips which to be honest looked like they'd need to be replaced they were in such a state, but with a lot of work by Amy they're coming back to life again.
Bear in mind there is ZERO polish on the car at all in these pics, these are after the d/a ing to get rid of swirls and some small scratches. I got most of them out, there's a few which didn't come right out but I'm reasonably happy so far and hopefully a decent polish will fill those in before glazing.
Depending on the weather and if Bob's detailing meet goes ahead or not we'll make more progress with it tomorrow one way or another, failing that I've taken Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off work next week to get this done before Brentwood, fingers crossed we'll get it all done in time.