Got a bit bored earlier so thought I'd have a look at the air intake before i go cutting holes in my bumper or wing for a more direct feed... Realised the baffles are removable so did this

Once its removed you can see its quite big and bulky, not smooth internally either.

The baffle part sits along the full length of rad's, here you can see were the weather has distorted part of the baffle as its open to the elements, this is the part i decided to open up

Its obviously there as some form of heat shield so i got to work making my own, duct taped the external temporarily so that the multiple folded sheets of tin foil had something to sit against while i fitted it flush and flat against the insides. Left the part alone I wanted to keep open.

Did the same for the top of the air intake. was thinking of leaving the front edge holes open too, but the way its attaches to the car the front panel hides this so would be pointless so fully covered the top side.

Once I'd duct taped all the inside, its as smooth as silicone hoses and not rough like the baffle. Removed the temporary duct tape from the outside and then carbon wrapped it to hide the foil, also part of it is visible in the engine bay and didn't want to ruin the look under there

So this is what it looks like when its put together... The top half of the bell mouth part is actually hidden by the bonnet grill, silly design. So hopefully the extra holes will help, who knows.

And this is how it looks from the engine bay area... Camera wouldn't pick up the gap between the rads, kept looking too dark but they do sit just on the top of the rad in the 2 inch gap.

Only time will tell if its pointless, couldn't be bothered to reset the ECU i'll let it learn in its own good time... But after a quick bob to the shops 30mph in 5th the lightest of touches on the throttle and it seems smoother.

I'll see what its like through this week