Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Check Strap Clicking/Knocking Door noise

Dear All,
    three months after replacing the Check Strap of my vectra C, the Clicking/Knocking Door noise is back and stronger, the spare part was original Opel and I assume it would have worked as espected for a long time. The original part number was 9229749 nevertheless I used part number 9229750 as replacement, could you please let me know if those two parts are compatible or the noise is due to a different spare part used as replacement?
    Thanks a lot for your support in advance
    Bye
    Msqualo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : ls

Engine : 1800 non vvt

Year : 2004

Mileage : 167340

did you know about this

taken from another post on here

OK I can see that no one here has figured this out so here goes the guide from polish Vectra Club (with best regards ):

Repairing the clunking door stay without buying new one - and without taking it out.

1. Undo the screw/bolt on the body and move the lever out.
    2. Pull the lever out to full length
    3. Rotate the lever 180 degrees (so the curly cuts will be facing the other way). Yes, you need to apply a little force.
    4. Now undo two nuts from the door side. Dont worry about the bolts - they are securely melted with the stay.
    5. Turn the whole stay once again 180 degrees. It will take about 1 minute to do it right.
    6. Place the bolts in holes in the doors, secure with bolts, secure the lever with the body using last bolt and voila!

Basically the reason for clunking is that one of the rolls gets worn out, and by rotating the lever 180 degrees you're making the other one do the hard work. Of course, eventually both rolls will be worn out and then you will need to replace the door stay with new one. But this will take about 8 years (I had to rotate the thing after 4 years, so I suppose Im fine for the next 4 years).

Good luck with that and sorry for my english - apparently it got more rusty during last 5 years than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi,
    I managed to change position of the old clunking door stay and the spare one as explained in the guide and images, that worked out for a month or so then the problem showed up again, thus, there is something else which keep causing the the clicking/knocking issue.
    Any clue, considering that the 180 swap has been performed twice with two parts?
    Thanks
    Msqualo

Quote Originally Posted by vectra ste View Post
    did you know about this

taken from another post on here

OK I can see that no one here has figured this out so here goes the guide from polish Vectra Club (with best regards ):

Repairing the clunking door stay without buying new one - and without taking it out.

1. Undo the screw/bolt on the body and move the lever out.
    2. Pull the lever out to full length
    3. Rotate the lever 180 degrees (so the curly cuts will be facing the other way). Yes, you need to apply a little force.
    4. Now undo two nuts from the door side. Dont worry about the bolts - they are securely melted with the stay.
    5. Turn the whole stay once again 180 degrees. It will take about 1 minute to do it right.
    6. Place the bolts in holes in the doors, secure with bolts, secure the lever with the body using last bolt and voila!

Basically the reason for clunking is that one of the rolls gets worn out, and by rotating the lever 180 degrees you're making the other one do the hard work. Of course, eventually both rolls will be worn out and then you will need to replace the door stay with new one. But this will take about 8 years (I had to rotate the thing after 4 years, so I suppose Im fine for the next 4 years).

Good luck with that and sorry for my english - apparently it got more rusty during last 5 years than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : ls

Engine : 1800 non vvt

Year : 2004

Mileage : 167340

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-V...item4cf9953de6

seems cheap enough to try another

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by msqualo View Post
    Dear All,
    three months after replacing the Check Strap of my vectra C, the Clicking/Knocking Door noise is back and stronger,
    I take it you haven't lubricated it? If you have, then that'll be the likely cause why it's making a noise as the rollers become flat spotted as the oil/grease prevents them from turning when the checkstrap runs between them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

My drivers door one is knacked as well. Figure on buying a new one shortly ss well. Are these available under trade club etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I take it you haven't lubricated it? If you have, then that'll be the likely cause why it's making a noise as the rollers become flat spotted as the oil/grease prevents them from turning when the checkstrap runs between them.
    Hi Big Dave, actually your point make a lot of sense, I followed a guide found on a forum which stated to grease the part before fitting it back in place.
    I'll try again with a new part.
    Thanks
    Msqualo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by msqualo View Post
    Hi Big Dave, actually your point make a lot of sense, I followed a guide found on a forum which stated to grease the part before fitting it back in place.
    It gets mentioned in the how2 on here

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...=1#post1488692

Thread Information