0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Admiral insurance - top class service

Credit where credit's due...

I got my insurance renewal through last week. I've been dreading it as I had an own fault accident last year and sure enough the quote came through for £976.26

So phoned them up today to see whether there was anything that could be done about it and if neccessary tell them where to stick their insurance.

The lady I spoke to could not have been nicer and was incredibly helful. We went through my policy and checked everything on it including all the modifications on the car etc etc when we got to my personal details she noticed I was down as unemployed. I told her I'd phoned the year before and notified them in June that I would be starting a new job that July (hence been employed now almost a year). She checked through my entire history and found the details where I'd phoned up and noticed the person who'd done it had done a typo and set my start date as 2012 instead of 2011.

She promptly backdated the employment status and instantly I had a refund on last years policy total (and as a result a change in total for this year too) of £214.62!!! (just for them knowing I had a job, if you ever need a reason to make sure you tell the insurance everything, there it is right there).

She then hunted around through my policy checking everything and going through everything with me and just as I thought that was it, she suddenly announced, "as you've been with us for so many years Ian, I'm going to see if I can give you some sort of loyalty bonus too". Another £100 suddenly came off my policy...

Grand total with all modifications declared, fully comprehensive, protected no claims, personal injury cover etc (and yes I know it's still a fair bit of money but I had an own fault accident last year).

£644.80

Considering what I was expecting, I'm seriously chuffed. The one time I had to make a claim with Admiral, they were incredible, the service was superb and both I and the lady I hit had our cars back fully repaired within a week and had courtesy cars in the intervening time. The lady I hit phoned me afterwards to say she'd had such a good experience of dealing with them that she was going to switch to Admiral herself.

I don't often sing companies praises like this, but credit where it's due, Admiral insurance does exactly what it says on the tin. It's well priced, they cover modifications relatively cheaply and the service is second to none in the insurance industry in my experience, so for once I'm going to shout about it.

Well done Admiral, one happy continuing customer that will be with you for a long time yet.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's a right result Ian well done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatch

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8VVTi 16v

Year : 2008

Mileage : circa 28K

good to hear Ian as I'm with them as well - rang them up when I was renewing last year as I said elephant.co.uk (I think) had come out cheaper with the same details (including my less than *cough* perfect driving history ) and it turns out they are both owned by the same company, so they checked both systems and dropped the price a little on the Admiral quote & beat elephant's (still £860 odd a year though! )

I just hope they don't pull out the random number generator come renewal time like Churchill did a couple of years back and near enough doubled my insurance - the only change being an extra year NCB!!

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's good to read mate - I've just renewed with them for around the same price on my Vectra with 2 non-fault claims, but mainly because it'll drop just over 200 quid in a couple of weeks when my new car arrives...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

nice one Ian ...I also am with Admiral ...we are on their multicar policy .As the lil works car the Daihatsu Charade with no years no claim was going to be over £600 third party
    But putting all 3 with them got that down to £400 also saved £200 on the signum and £100 on Jans Tigra .
    so all in £500 cheaper .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good result there Ian, Mine is due end of july and I will give Admiral a shout to see what they quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

Ian I am glad they worked for you mate and they were great in our first year with a multicar policy but come renewal they went up 40% with no change in personal circumstances so we split our policies and went to Chris Knott for me and Shielas wheels for the wife and the combined cost was £150 cheaper than the previous years multicar. I never understand policies as they seem to offer the same cover but I've had 15 years without a claim and the wife had 1 accident 3 years ago clean licences (I realise I have just jinxed both the licence and accident situations) but the quotes vary hugely

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

Quote Originally Posted by paulhb View Post
    Ian I am glad they worked for you mate and they were great in our first year with a multicar policy but come renewal they went up 40% with no change in personal circumstances so we split our policies and went to Chris Knott for me and Shielas wheels for the wife and the combined cost was £150 cheaper than the previous years multicar. I never understand policies as they seem to offer the same cover but I've had 15 years without a claim and the wife had 1 accident 3 years ago clean licences (I realise I have just jinxed both the licence and accident situations) but the quotes vary hugely
    I had exactly the same with Admiral multicar - I had 2 cars and the first year they couldn't be beaten on price - but come renewal time it had really gone up. (probably about 45%) Contacted them and they said they give a start up bonus with their Multicar policies. Switched to Churchill after doing the usual comparethemarket routine and ended up with Churchill who cover me for a 2004 Vectra 1.9cdti (120) estate for £180 and a 2008 2.9 crdi Kia Sedona for £235 which I was happy with having two no blame claims. Just had renewal and exactly the same as last year - so pleased with that.

ijk571

My Admiral Multicar quote stared at about £880 with them. It came down to about £570ish for both cars. I know what you mean Ian, its a great feeling when you get it beaten down!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : sri

Engine : 2.2

Year : 2005

Mileage : 64000

im with admiral for my car insurance there pretty good also sister company of elephant car insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information