Thread: Autoleads cable problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Autoleads cable problem

I bought the autoleads cable so I could install my Nokia CW-7 kit into the veccy.

Installed it no problems, phone works great, shows external in when call comes in, routes sound through car speakers etc..., everything it should do. I connected the ignition wire to the positive wire on the ciggy lighter as your supposed to.

Now I come to use the ciggy lighter a couple of days ago and it's dead. I use a beacon light at work sometimes you see. Checked the rear one and that was dead too. Checked the fuse and it was blown .

Replaced the fuse, switched on the ignition, and it blew again

So I disconnected the wire from the kit and measured it to the cars ground, dead short!!, so I was in essense shorting the ciggys +12v straight to ground and thus blowing the fuses.

Now what bothers me is that the kit works just fine without it connected, so am I missing something here? why is it dead short, why does the kit still work, and if you are still reading this then WHY

Anyway, ciggy now works, front and back and so does car kit. Strange eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Fiat

Trim : Panda 100HP

Engine : 1.4

Year : 08

The ignition supply turns the kit off with the ignition instead of it powering down after losing a bluetooth connection. As for the short,being an autoleads loom it was plug & play?,i would double check any connections if all are ok suspect the nokia box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah i'll check the nokia box, mine's bluetooth doesnt work anyway, but then I use the data cable and MB15 cradle so the phone is hardwired in. I understand the need to have the iginition connection if your using BT but dont know why it's shorted.

God I HATE taking that ******* glovebox out, such a PITA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You do not have to connect the CK7W to an ignition live. If you want to use a bluetooth connection you can by pressing & holding the button shortly, this will make the kit search for a bluetooth device (buton LED will flash). Once connected it will stay connected until the device moves out of range. Once out of range it will shortly switch off.
    Otherwise when used with a craddle by putting the phone in will waken the kit & away you go, shortly after removing the phone it will switch back off.
    The only real benefit from connecting it to ignition is so it will Auto connect with a bluetooth phone when switching it on.

Bear in mind the blue wire to the phone kit may appear to measure to ground but with no ignition supply up it that's just what it will show. Ignition lives can be funny as when turned off can go to a "floating earth"
    Have you tried joining this blue wire up with the red wire to make it permanat live to see what it does???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the info. I think the box is fubbared as the bluetooth hasnt worked for ages, and now the ignition is shorted. Thing is though, this was in my Mazda, ignition working fine. Strange.

Thread Information