Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default air con probs just been re charged

Well after having the brakes sorted yesterday ready for our 2.5hr drive to centre parcs we also had the air con re charged the day before and all seemed well. But today it's back to blowing warm air on us again. I'm guessing there's a leak somewhere ???. I'm hoping when we get back the garage can test for any leaks and find out where it's leaking from. Was a nice warm drive here haha

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

Quote Originally Posted by rob warrington
    Well after having the brakes sorted yesterday ready for our 2.5hr drive to centre parcs we also had the air con re charged the day before and all seemed well. But today it's back to blowing warm air on us again. I'm guessing there's a leak somewhere ???. I'm hoping when we get back the garage can test for any leaks and find out where it's leaking from. Was a nice warm drive here haha
    This happens to mine was a hole in the condenser new condenser and all good mine was under warranty tho

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Typically the machines used to recharge the airconditioning system and suck out the old refrigerant should also do a vacume test phase as part of the service to check the system integrity before any new refrigerant is added. If there is a leak, then you shouldnt be paying twice for a job to identify it when it should have been done properly the first time. If its gone in a day, then the leaks certainly big enough to be detected. Id go back to the same place you got it done, and if its a hole in something that wouldnt have just apeared with recent use, ie a rusty old condensor, then i'd be surgesting to them that they should have found it the first time before stumping up any further cash.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Typically the machines used to recharge the airconditioning system and suck out the old refrigerant should also do a vacume test phase as part of the service to check the system integrity before any new refrigerant is added. If there is a leak, then you shouldnt be paying twice for a job to identify it when it should have been done properly the first time. If its gone in a day, then the leaks certainly big enough to be detected. Id go back to the same place you got it done, and if its a hole in something that wouldnt have just apeared with recent use, ie a rusty old condensor, then i'd be surgesting to them that they should have found it the first time before stumping up any further cash.
    Yeah that's what im gonna do, tbh my mrs has rung the place and he did say the machine they use would have found a leak if there was one. I ain't gonna be paying again that's for sure, as they should have found it. Worse case if it is the condenser are they an expensive part? I'm sure there a how 2 for it actually. Will have to wait and see what they say when we're Back home next week

Thread Information