Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9CDTi vs 3.0V6 CDTi

Hi,

I've just done a quick insurance quote on a 3.0 V6 CDTi and it wasn't much more than a 1.9CDTi (Which is what I am looking to buy soon).

So have now been tempted to have a look around at the V6's too!!

How does it stack up to the 1.9 in terms of reliability etc and are there any pointers you could share about the 3.0 V6 CDTi?
    The one I saw was an Auto(are most of them?) so am assuming that fuel consumption is poor?
    What's the BHP on one of these?

Also, what would I be looking at paying for 12months Tax?

Any advice would be welcome, thanks
    Last edited by welshhuw; 27th May 2012 at 20:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2007

Useful link https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...execution=e1s1 for checking stuff like the vehicle registration date, what the road tax costs are, when current tax runs out, etc. Just need the vehicle reg number and the make.

Sorry I can't offer any advice about the actual cars, not owning either of them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Sri V6 CDTi

Trim : SRi

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTi Z30DT

Year : 2005

Mileage : 121000

I have a Z30DT V6 diesel and it goes well enough, the only problems i've had is a spilt intercooler hose and the egr valve needs changed but she is on 93k. I average about 40mpg but have seen it up to 55mpg on long runs and road tax is £270 a year i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had mine for nearly 5 years now and I can honestly say it's the best car I have ever owned. It's also the longest I have ever owned the same car.
    V6 is silky smooth and yes its an auto, but knock the stick to the left and you can use it as a manual, why the hell you would do this is beyond me.

Can tax is £146 for six months or £280 for the year.
    Just had my insurance renewal through at £202 fully comprehensive, well iam an old git, 44.

My does a constant 38 mpg on a 25 mile run to work and 60% of that is b roads.
    Bhp is 176 I believe but don't quote me on that.

Reliable as hell.

Y30DT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2004

I know when I was looking around and wasn't sure of engine and trim stats I used www.parkers.co.uk

Gives loads of info.

Mitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got an 06 reg Vectra C 3.0 V6 CDTi SRi, manual gearbox. It is 184PS which is 181bhp. I had it on the rolling road the other week with www.vvoc.com North West and it made 167bhp and about 325lb/ft torque; the BHP is disappointing but torque is better than book.

The wife and I only do short journeys so it perhaps wasn't the best car to buy, but I wanted a V6 after going from a Vectra B 2.6 V6 petrol with 192bhp. Mine does just under 28mpg! When I drive it, shall we say it gets driven lol. The turbo whistle sounds nice, my tuning plans are air box mod, performance panel filter, and I am considering DTUK tuning box or remap. I would like a stainless exhaust but Scorpion are about £485 at the mo, that's a lot of money.

At the rolling road day, there was two 1.9 CDTi 150's, one had DTUK green box and made 193bhp and about 320lb/ft, the other had BSR remap and made 192bhp and about 340ft/lb, both put out a massive amount of black smoke on the rollers, made didn't smoke at all that I know of, but then mine is standard.

If you look at the DTUK tuning boxes for the 3.0, they quote figure of 227bhp! That would be nice.

I bought mine cheap, it had done 46k and was just £4500 with 3 months warranty, FSH etc. It is only basic SRI spec, no extras such as factory sat nav.

I find the Vectra C SRi spec a little disappointing compared to Vectra B SRi spec in all honesty, Vectra B had kerb lights, half leather, rear passenger lighting, bonnet on hydraulic lifters, bigger boot spoiler etc.

The Ve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by V6Tim View Post
    I find the Vectra C SRi spec a little disappointing compared to Vectra B SRi spec in all honesty, Vectra B had kerb lights, half leather, rear passenger lighting, bonnet on hydraulic lifters, bigger boot spoiler etc
    The earlier Vectra B had an even better specification, sounds like you had one of the early ones on the swap from the four spoke steering wheel to the three spoke steering wheel, but you did gain the kerb lights and half leather, which I didn't actually like so there was no loss there
    The spoiler was an irmscher part, and is also available as an option
    You've also missed the irmscher sports silencer, the Vectra C has very cheap alloy trims (removable for exhaust replacement)

The bonnet on my Vectra C has hydraulic lifters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Early SRI or preface had hydraulic lift on the bonnet, but my facelifts have the stick,. which I prefer to be honest, hydraulic is nice, but the do fail after a while. Only under the bonnet once a week so I don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

There have been alot of problem threads recently for the 3ltr CDTIs, which considering how few there are comparative to the 1.9s would make me pause for thought. Standard 1.9CDTI 16vs will make 185-190bhp with around 300lbft before they start to chuck out big clouds. Any more than that and you need to upgrade the turbo to keep things clean but just a turbo change and tuning box will see around 220bhp and 350lbft without the chimney effect. Insurance on that would likely be more than a standard 3ltr but tax is lower and fuel consumption can still be 50-55mpg on the motorway and circa 40mpg around town.

I am sure you looked at economy, tax, insurance and performance already, so the only real plus to the 3ltr is a quieter, smoother engine. If you are looking to tune up, the 3ltr has no more potential than the 1.9 if as much without throwing massive money at it.

1.9CDTI + hybrid turbo (£450) + remap (£500) = 230-240bhp / 350-370lbft
    3.0CDTI + remap / Tuning box (£400?) = 220bhp / ?lbft

I seem to remember claims of 230bhp from 3ltr owners, anybody know of any more? If not then that is probably the limit of the fuel pump and GT2559 turbo. A few possibilities for turbo upgrades but I don't know if they would give you much more as I don't know of anyone who has tried.

Thread Information