User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 06 vectra 1.8 sri clutch/gearbox problems, please advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 06 vectra 1.8 sri clutch/gearbox problems, please advise.

bought a 06 60000 mile vectra sri yesterday, from a local garage have a few issues.

on driving it today (the first real long distance drive) i noticed i terrible clutch shudder through the pedal, and also through the cab of the car which you can feel and hear, its really bad at the bite point and causes the car to shake.

weird noises can also be heard especially in second gear when reving through the range (coming from clutch bell housing area)

when i dip the clutch all the noises dissapear and all that can be hear is a sweet sounding engine, it also revs hard very quietly, the rev counter shows revs with no problems, the engine sounds soo so smmoth and quiet with the clutch pedle pressed.

what do you think is wrong with this car? its going back to garage on monday as im not happy, and there is a few other issues that i want sorted, but this clutch / gear box issue is something i need to find out about, what do you guys think the problem is? please help.

always drived vauxhalls, (vectra b) been with a nissan for last 2 years, but have alway wanted to give the vec c sri a go, so i bought one, i have to say this car looks really nice amd hope the garage will fix all the problems, if not then its a full refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra

Trim : GTC VXR

Engine : 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Year : 2015

Mileage : 3,200

Random question mate its not ultra blue is it with irmscher stuff on it is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Evison View Post
    Random question mate its not ultra blue is it with irmscher stuff on it is it?

no mate, fully standard silver, one hell of a nice looking car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No probs mate it just sounded like my old one with the same probs. Right theres a link on the gears that is like the middle bit excuse me as i cant remember the name but its like a "L" shape bar that links to the gears and goes down in to the box i believe. On my old one this kept coming out of the box and jamming all the gears up! was loose in first and second and when it went you could spin the gear stick round and round like it wasnt connected to anything. Ill try and get a pic up tomorrow of the bit im thinking of but i ended up having to cluches and a recon box because of this fault on mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi again, i dont actually think its the gear box, as all gears are really smooth to select and always gos into gear.

im suspecting its needing a full clutch kit, as i say no noise when clutch is pressed, just very horible vibration and lots of noise when u let the clutch out and it hits the bite point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh right sorry sound like its the clutch going then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wow wow wow, they are saying the gear box has gone? how can this be? i cant find any examples on the net of this car suffering from gearbox failure.

all i was getting was clutch shudder and terrible noises from that area of the car, the clutch finaly went yester on my way to take the car back to the garage, when it went i acutally could then not change gear and the noise was really loud, is this clucth or gearbox or is it both?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Clutch release bearing would be my guess. Especially as it goes quiet when you press the clutch pedal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its totaly crazy mate, the car is 48 hours old, so none of these repairs are costing me anything, when the clutch did go i then had the smell of the clutch in the car, i knew it was that smell because you can allways reqonise the smell of a clutch.

i have emailed them back and asked them to recheck all parts of the clutch, i dont know what to do now, im debating to reject the car and go for a refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi lads, had to get a refund on the car, going to look at another sri tommrow, i will have one of these cars again soon hopefully.

Thread Information