0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 8v

Year : 55

Mileage : 92,000

confused Images missing when pasting into Word 2010

Hi guys, was wondering if any of you IT/PC gurus can help out with a small issue I have.

Note to Admin: Wasn’t sure if this was to go in the “General Chat” forum or “Off-Topic” one so please accept my apologies if I have got it wrong.

Have been having some issues with copying and pasting text + images/pics from the forum into Word 2010.

Occasionally I like to copy (drag and drop) the texts + images from some of the how-to’s and paste them into Word in order to reduce the size of text so that when I go to print it out to take to the car I use less paper + ink (trying to be economical)

The issue is when I go to paste what I have copied (using the drag and then right click the mouse a select copy), the images are blank/missing when I paste (again right click mouse, and then paste into Word). All text is fine it’s only the images that are missing.

Copy.jpg

When I move the mouse over to where the images are supposed to be in the Word document I get a highlighted box with nothing in it???? The only way to put the images/pics into the document is to save them to the PC desktop individually, then insert them into the document in their relevant places (which is time consuming to say the least).

Strange box.jpg

Is this an issue with Word or is there a form of copyright protection that the Forum is running to prevent this.

PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) and is up to date with Service Pack and windows updates
    Web browser is Mozilla Firefox

Any help/advice greatly appreciated
    Damo
    Last edited by Damo77; 22nd May 2012 at 15:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatch

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8VVTi 16v

Year : 2008

Mileage : circa 28K

have you tried pasting them from the forum into something like ms paint, then copying from there & pasting into word? it might be trying to paste the live web link from the attachment section of the forum?

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your reply dave

Never realy had a problem with it on my previous Laptop (which was running Vista and Office 07).

If I right click and copy an image to mspaint (click paste) it works perfectly but as mentioned i'd then have to select copy from mspaint and then paste it to the relative location in the Word documet (alot of double bumping and hassle). However this is far easier than what I was doing before with having to save the pic to PC then insert to Doc

It's quite annoying though as I used to be able to just drag and paste and all would be well and good

So am I right in thinking this is an issue with word???

Damo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Might be an issue with word but may also be how vb4 handles the attached files hosted on the site which somehow blocks the drag & drop functionality - I presume you have only had the issue since the site upgrade? - of course I could be talking utter rubbish!lol

At least you have a temporary work around that is quicker than the previous method you found!

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In all honesty dave it was somewhat intermittent before the upgrade

Whilst using my new laptop it would, "sometimes" work flawlessly (all pics and text present) but then try to copy another (different/seperate) How-to and back to this old mallarky (no pics)

Bizarre

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

There's no copyright protection built into vB.. What editor are you using on here, ie the "Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced". for the editor to accept copy and paste from word you need to use "Go Advanced" and then make sure you're in the WYSIWYG editor, if you're not in the WYSIWYG editor you will be able to see things like [code] [color] [Font] etc..
    Importing from Word was only introduced in vB4 (around June/July 2011) so you were lucky to get it to work before the upgrade... If the pics your using are hosted on a site such as photobucket they should show ok, if not its easier to insert images into posts now, simply click on the "insert image" icon (next to the film strip) and then you should be able to move the image around and place it where you want it... (in WYSIWYG mode)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A quick example of an imported Word document.

This article has been copied and pasted from a Word 2010 document. The images were hosted hosted online so they don't need importing as they are embedded from the site

When we last see Max Payne, he was a broken, beaten man. He had lost his wife and his daughter to a conspiracy of drugs and violence that involved common street thugs, druglords and members of the US government. When he searched for answers with another revenge-driven vigilante, Mona Sax, he lost her too, sadly, after he started to fall in love with her. When Max Payne 3 opens, it's clear not much has changed in Max's life over the past eight years he's been away, gamers, on the other hand will notice plenty of changes, luckily Rockstar kept some of the series staples although improved somewhat.

Story
    Max's personal losses will always take their toll on his psyche, but almost a decade later, he has found washing away the memories with hard liquor and chasing them down with painkillers seems to keep them out of his thoughts as best as he can hope for. He is disgruntled, disheveled, and disassociated with the world around him. He's no longer on the NYPD. He's no longer doing much of anything actually, besides drinking and passing out in his dirty hole in the wall of an apartment. One day, he finds himself in a bar (where else?), when he runs into an old face from his police academy days named Raul Passos. Raul sees the condition Max is in and after they escape a scuffle with some rich punks and their influential mob families, Passos offers Max a job: Private security down in Sao Paolo, Brazil. All he would have to do is look after an affluent family at their parties and public goings-ons and he'd have himself a new career. Sadly for Max, nothing ever goes as planned, and usually it goes to Hell.

The character of Max Payne is unquestionably one of the best protagonists in the industry. His inner monologues, thankfully returning and with the same voice actor, James McCaffrey, give great insight to the story as it unfolds. Like the previous two Max Payne games, there is a wide list of names and faces to follow as his mundane job turns into a web of lies, murder, and competing motives. Max's sarcastic, weary perspective brings back the noir atmosphere of the previous games, but also act as an ongoing play-by-play of all of the otherwise hard to follow sequences.

Rockstar really fleshed out the character of Max into someone dynamic and worth following. Alongside the superficial story of what's going on, who's killing who, and where we're going next, there is a thought-provoking psychological dilemma. Why did Max take the job in Brazil? Why does he cling to protecting this family, who he previously didn't give a damn about, when they start being abducted and murdered? It seems obvious he relates this family's struggles to his own. Where he failed to protect the Paynes, he is driven to save the Brancos. Or is he? As the story goes on, we can't be sure his motivation is redemption or desperation, and that's the question Max Payne 3 poses over the course of its 12-15 hours of gameplay. It's heady stuff for a video game, but it is a sign that the industry as a whole is moving forward, and Rockstar is again at the forefront.

In addition to the story, you also have the options of playing out each of the 14 chapters in two arcade modes
    : New York Minute and Score Attack. Score Attack is familiar in that the better you perform the higher your score, like an old-fashioned 8-bit. You get more points for causing destruction, getting headshots, and stringing together kills. New York Minute is even better. You start with a minute on the clock and have to get to the end of the level by killing enemies and earning more time as you go. It's a race against the clock and upon completion, you unlock the Hardcore difficulty of the game mode. Each mode is complete with leaderboards that can be compared to members of your Crew friends list, or global records.

Gameplay
    It's difficult to remind myself that I still have to review the actual gameplay mechanics because the story and characters are so well done, but that doesn't mean the gameplay suffers at all. In fact, Max Payne 3 offers some of the tightest, responsive shooting mechanics of any game in the genre. In Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar struggled to perfect the gunplay, but it was acceptable because the games were made in a sandbox style and shooting wasn't the singular basis for the gameplay.

Don't confuse this game with those games. Rockstar has created a linear shooter with a working cover system and functional, but challenging, shooting gameplay to ensure gamers want to get to the end of the crime epic.

There's a ton of guns to choose from, and even some guns have different variants like flashlights, laser sights, or automatic firing modes. You can always hold up to three guns, one large and two secondary. If you wield both secondaries at the same time, you'll drop your primary, because Max literally holds it in his hand. It isn't like other games where your arsenal, fit for a small militia, is stored conveniently under your jacket. The best part about dual-wielding is the ability to dual-wield any two one-handed guns at a time. It allowed for killer combinations like a .44 and a mirco-SMG. One thing missing from the past games was a melee function. Close-quarters combat often resulted in awkward spraying of your guns. Now Max is able to pistol whip or beat down any opponent who gets too close before normally finishing him off with a blast from his firearms. If an enemy has already fallen down due you can run up and stomp him, Dead Space-style.

The cover system is simplistic, and deservedly so. Just like Max is slow to move due to his age and wear, he is also no tactician. Taking cover is crucial to survival, but you won't be turning corners or going cover to cover like an ex-Splinter Cell. Max moves with the same fatigue as we can hear in his voice. Rockstar's choice to not make him an action hero ensures some moments are very hard, but thankfully realistic.

Bullet Time also makes a return to the series, and it's better than ever. You build your Bullet Time meter by killing enemies or taking fire and to utilize it you have two options: Clicking in RS will slow down time immediately, or if you're feeling nostalgic, you can use Shootdodge and dive in any direction of your choosing. Bullets whiz past you as you try to line up the perfect shot in the stylish slow motion. As you land, you remain prone with a 360-degree firing range and your body twists and turns over to take aim. It's a new mechanic not seen in the series or any other game and if utilized intelligently, it can be a great tool to take out shooters. if you're near cover in this prone firing mode, you can safely revert back to the cover without harm. That saved my life countless times. Be careful though, Max reacts to the environment around him. If you dive into a wall or other obstruction, he'll brace for impact and collide with it head-on.

This is just one example of the amazing physics engine Rockstar has integrated into the system. Using an evolved Euphoria engine, as seen in previous Rockstar games, enemies now react to every bullet realistically. Shoot them in the leg and they'll limp to cover or fall down and crawl. Kill them with a few shots to the chest and they'll grab the wound with their last dying breaths before you finish them with a headshot and their now lifeless corpse falls differently than it was going to. It was fun to disable an enemy on a staircase and see them tumble to the bottom. Sometimes they'd also fire back at you from a prone position just like you can do.

The meter for Bullet Time, along with the health bar both pay tribute and return the series to its roots. While it is antiquated for a shooter made in 2012 to use health bars, it attests to the air of realism the game was going for. Due to the health bar, you'll often be looking for painkillers to heal yourself. A good way to keep your health in good shape is to fire in Bullet Time, just like the older games. You can eliminate a few enemies at a time with little damage recieved. However, you don't have to be totally reliant on it, as the game does allow for solid run-n-gunning as well, which comes in handy in the Arcade modes. When you do go down though, if you have any painkillers on hand, you'll enter Last Man Standing, which puts you into Bullet Time and gives you a few seconds to kill the man who shot you. Since the odds are heavily against you, and dying a lot should be expected, this allows you to prevent those restarts sometimes.

It's tough to do anything new with shooters, but Rockstar's interactive killcam was a lot of fun to play with. When clearing the room of the last bad guy, or killing your shooter in Last Man Standing you are given a slow motion presentation of each and every bullet riddling the poor guy. You can slow it down further with the A button, as well, which makes for a cinematic experience new to the genre as you follow that first bullet into his body and you choose to keep firing (or not) as he falls to the floor.

No game is free from criticism, however, even if Max Payne 3 comes close. On a few occasions, I experienced some bugs that required me to dashboard out and restart the game. Once I died right as I killed my enemy in Last Man Standing mode, and the game, seemingly not sure what to do, just froze up on a black screen. Another time, I entered a door that should have triggered a cutscene, but failed to do so, and I plummeted endlessly into the game world, a problem also seen in GTA IV.

Sometimes the checkpoints can also be unforgiving as well, at least on Hard. Just as I would finally get over troublesome moments, I would die shortly after at another one and have to replay both parts again.

Graphics/Sound
    Rockstar has never represented the pinnacle of graphics, and they've often been criticized or laughed at for some of their visuals, like the lobster claws disguising as hands in the last generation's GTA offerings. They've gotten better with this generation though, and Max Payne 3 is certainly the best they've done so far. The facial expressions aren't as stiff as even RDR's and the blood sprays and spatters in a morbidly beautiful way in each killcam. The lip-synching is also noticeably improved and subconsciously teases you with ideas of what all of this will look like in GTA V.

As stated, James McCaffrey reprises his role as the titular character, and he does another amazing job. I didn't think voice acting could be any better than LA Noire's, but Max Payne 3 is, in fact, better. Much of the game is spoken in Portugese, and it's clear Rockstar hired actual Portugese speaking folks, and not some people to just read off a paper. The game actually works better if you don't speak Portugese, because Max doesn't either, and you can join him in the confusion. The music never domineered a scene, but it supplemented the on-screen action very well and there are a few memorable riffs throughout the story.

Multiplayer
    The series' first try at multiplayer is largely derivative of other games in the genre, but a few unique additions make it stand out, if only a little. Firstly, the use of Bullet Time online works surprisingly well, despite people believing it could never work at all. You can play standard deathmatch, free-for-all or objective-based team modes, but the best mode is Gang Wars.

This mode infuses a narrative into the mix and also allows for each match to play out differently. The match is divided into rounds, and each game type after the first one is decided by the results of the previous one. If one opposing player does remarkably well on a team deathmatch mode, the next round may see your team have to eliminate him or her. Maybe you won an objective-based round, the next round will turn into a turf war with your enemies taking back what they feel belongs to them. The mode borrows plot points from the story mode and works in conjunction with it. I deliberately avoided this mode until I finished the story, fearing spoilers, but they would have been out of context anyways, so you needn't worry.

The last element that stands out for Max Payne 3's multiplayer is the introduction of Crews. Think clans but on a much bigger scale. You can join a Crew of up to 300 people, and Rockstar promises to increase that number even more in the future. You can set rival gangs to compete with, earn XP just by having others in your Crew play the game, or track a ton of stats in Rockstars Social Club

Much of the multiplayer feels like a third person Call of Duty. The action is frantic and fast-paced on maps of varying sizes and landscapes, and you'll probably die a lot on some of the more popular game modes. You have perks, called Bursts, that come in three tiers. But, besides the aforementioned innovations, Max Payne 3's online modes are, for better or worse, familiar.

Last edited by Big-Pete; 22nd May 2012 at 19:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This version uses images that were uploaded to the site as attachments

Max_Payne_3_Assault_Rifle.jpg

When we aw Max Payne, he was a broken, beaten man. He had lost his wife and his infant daughter to a conspiracy of drugs and violence that involved common street thugs, narcotics kingpins and even members of the US government. When he searched for answers with another revenge-driven vigilante, Mona Sax, he lost her too, sadly, after he started to fall in love with her. When Max Payne 3
    opens, it's clear not much has changed for our anti-hero in the eight years he's been away. For gamers, on the other hand, plenty has changed, but some series staples make welcome, if somewhat questionable returns. Rockstar improved on what worked earlier in the series and fixed what was broken to offer a complete package of a shooter and a welcome return to one of gaming's most robust characters.

Max Payne 3-NewYork Night.jpg
    Story
    Max's personal losses will always take their toll on his psyche, but almost a decade later, he has found washing away the memories with hard liquor and chasing them down with painkillers seems to keep them out of his thoughts as best as he can hope for. He is disgruntled, disheveled, and disassociated with the world around him. He's no longer on the NYPD. He's no longer doing much of anything actually, besides drinking and passing out in his dirty hole in the wall of an apartment. One day, he finds himself in a bar (where else?), when he runs into an old face from his police academy days named Raul Passos. Raul sees the condition Max is in and after they escape a scuffle with some rich punks and their influential mob families, Passos offers Max a job: Private security down in Sao Paolo, Brazil. All he would have to do is look after an affluent family at their parties and public goings-ons and he'd have himself a new career. Sadly for Max, nothing ever goes as planned, and usually it goes to Hell.

Max Payne 3.jpg
    The character of Max Payne is unquestionably one of the best protagonists in the industry. His inner monologues, thankfully returning and with the same voice actor, James McCaffrey, give great insight to the story as it unfolds. Like the previous two Max Payne games, there is a wide list of names and faces to follow as his mundane job turns into a web of lies, murder, and competing motives. Max's sarcastic, weary perspective brings back the noir atmosphere of the previous games, but also act as an ongoing play-by-play of all of the otherwise hard to follow sequences.

Rockstar really fleshed out the character of Max into someone dynamic and worth following. Alongside the superficial story of what's going on, who's killing who, and where we're going next, there is a thought-provoking psychological dilemma. Why did Max take the job in Brazil? Why does he cling to protecting this family, who he previously didn't give a damn about, when they start being abducted and murdered? It seems obvious he relates this family's struggles to his own. Where he failed to protect the Paynes, he is driven to save the Brancos. Or is he? As the story goes on, we can't be sure his motivation is redemption or desperation, and that's the question Max Payne 3 poses over the course of its 12-15 hours of gameplay. It's heady stuff for a video game, but it is a sign that the industry as a whole is moving forward, and Rockstar is again at the forefront.

In addition to the story, you also have the options of playing out each of the 14 chapters in two arcade modes
    : New York Minute and Score Attack. Score Attack is familiar in that the better you perform the higher your score, like an old-fashioned 8-bit. You get more points for causing destruction, getting headshots, and stringing together kills. New York Minute is even better. You start with a minute on the clock and have to get to the end of the level by killing enemies and earning more time as you go. It's a race against the clock and upon completion, you unlock the Hardcore difficulty of the game mode. Each mode is complete with leaderboards that can be compared to members of your Crew, friends list, or global records.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Pete, as I understood it, Damo was trying to go the other way and copy & paste into word from the forum so he has a permanent record of how2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by davedrinks View Post
    Pete, as I understood it, Damo was trying to go the other way and copy & paste into word from the forum so he has a permanent record of how2s
    Oops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information